Frost School musicians offer Sunday sounds at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden

The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden enchants Coral Gables with 83-acres of sunshine, pathways, bright flowers, and an unknown gem – performances from students at the University of Miami Frost School of Music.

The Frost School has partnered with Fairchild to bring music to community through the Sunday Sounds program, which invites the musicians to take the stage near the Rainforest exhibit, which is considered to be the most popular location for visitors to rest and have lunch. Concerts last about an hour and include a variety of genres.

Melissa Lesniak, director of outreach, and Rhonda Kremer, teaching assistant, direct the proceedings on the campus end. Lesniak explained that students are chosen by Kremer to participate based on availability and preparation.

Lesniak and Kremer coordinate with Brooke LeMaire of Fairchild. LeMaire, a University of Miami alumna, spoke enthusiastically about the project and referred to the Frost students as “[having]so much talent and a diverse range of skills.”

Frost students such as Javier Nero, who performed live on the Lakeside Patio Thursday, will be performing as part of the Sunday Sounds concert on March 7.

Featured image courtesy FunGi_ via Flickr.

Brianna Hernandez

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...