News Briefs 2/25

NEWS BRIEFS_Lunar New Year

Graduate student Sukru Senveli practices Chinese calligraphy during the Lunar New Year events held on the UC Patio Monday night. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

International Night: Haiti

The University of Miami campus is invited to spend a night learning about Haiti and how God fits into the Haitian culture. Sponsored by Baptist Collegiate Ministry, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship and Planet Kreyol, students are welcome to join others from 6-8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 27 at Baptist Student Union, across from Mahoney-Pearson Residential Hall, on 1200 Stanford Drive, Coral Gables, Fla. 33146.

Healthcare Meet-up

Toppel Career Center will be hosting a meet-up for students interested in the healthcare industry are invited to an employer panel. Brought to students by Alpha Epsilon Delta, HealthCanes and Health Studies Student Association, professionals representing pharmacy, health administration and public health will be meeting with students to explain their careers. For a list of participating organizations, visit tinyurl.com/HealthcareToppel. The event will begin from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3 at Toppel Career Center.

Canes Camp Out

For students excited about the men’s basketball team have the chance to camp out for the University of North Carolina game with free dinner, ice cream, breakfast, tents and other activities. Co-sponsored with Hurricane Productions (HP), Canes Night Live (CNL) and Canes After Dark (CAD), the event lets students enjoy inflatables, music and hourly raffles. Students can receive a wristband in the morning to receive priority seating for the game. Camping begins at 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 27 and the game begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 28 at the BankUnited Center.

Alina Zerpa may be contacted at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com. 

Alina Zerpa

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...