Campus Life, News

Mahoney, Pearson residents evacuated

A fire truck and evacuated students in front of Mahoney-Pearson residential colleges Wednesday afternoon. // Photo courtesy Nicole Katz

Mahoney and Pearson Residential College residents were evacuated from their dorms on Wednesday afternoon.

As of 5 p.m., however, students were back inside the building.

Officials say that the university is dealing with an apparent burst sprinkler pipe. This leak is responsible for three to four inches of standing water in the basement, which will be pumped out.

There was no impact on student floors, and no one was hurt.

Facilities and other personnel are on site working on cleaning up and removing water.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Erika Glass

Multimedia Editor

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas