V's Take

Dear V: Can I go back on a breakup?

V,

About a month ago, I broke up with my boyfriend of two years. I still love him, but I was bored in the bedroom and had been talking to another guy.

For a couple weeks now, I’ve been seeing the new guy. He keeps me on my toes, literally and figuratively, but I don’t feel he cares about me at all. We rarely talk about things that aren’t sexual, and I’m starting to think I’m being used.

I want to go back to my ex-boyfriend, but I’m not sure that is the right thing to do. Please help!

Sincerely,

Undecided

Dear Undecided,

Katy Perry must have you in mind when she sings “Hot N Cold.”

Ask yourself why you threw away a stable relationship in order to pursue a meaningless fling.

Is it because these guys aren’t right for you, or because you’re not ready to be involved with someone yet?

You’re using this second guy as much as he’s using you, and not in the fun, “50 Shades of Grey” kind of way. Well, if that’s your idea of fun anyway.

He’s a rebound to get over your ex, yet you’re already considering flying back to your comfy bird’s nest.

My suggestion? Ditch both of the guys, and start givin’ yourself some lovin’.

Enjoy a spa day and get your nails done, or grab a few of your friends for coffee and talk about life.

If that’s not your style, grab a bag of Cheetos and go play “Grand Theft Auto V” for a few hours, or go kick around a soccer ball with a classmate.

You need to be happy with yourself and your own life before you bring someone else into the picture.

When you’re ready to have a healthy relationship, you’ll find someone you love for who they are, not what they can offer you.

And if you’re too busy for any of these activities, you can always string one of them along. You get some free compliments and he believes he’s doing something right. Sounds like a win-win situation.

Good luck. By the way, let me know if you need a spa buddy.

Advice Columnist

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...