Football, Sports

Miami hires new assistant director of football operations

Josh Darrow has been hired as Miami's new assistant director of football operations

Josh Darrow has reportedly been hired as Miami’s new assistant director of football operations

The University of Miami has hired Josh Darrow as its new assistant director of football operations, as first reported by Peter Ariz of CanesInsight this afternoon.

Darrow launched SFHSSports.com (South Florida High School) and was the color commentator for Miami men’s basketball for WQAM before the station eliminated the position due to financial reasons. Darrow has also been the sideline reporter for Miami football games. In addition, he has worked around the South Florida prep football scene extensively throughout the past decade.

The University has yet to officially announce the hiring as of Tuesday evening.

Darrow is replacing Kevin Beard, who was recently promoted to the wide receivers coaching position.

The Hurricanes are currently in spring practice, which will take place through March 26, culminating in the spring game on March 28 at Lockhart Stadium.

Miami will open the season at home on Sept. 5 against Bethune Cookman.

AJ Ricketts

The University of Miami has joined forces with a national collaborative to help raise awareness and ...

Political scientist Calla Hummel, who was in Bolivia during its flawed election, shares her insights ...

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.