Football, Sports

Miami hires new assistant director of football operations

Josh Darrow has been hired as Miami's new assistant director of football operations

Josh Darrow has reportedly been hired as Miami’s new assistant director of football operations

The University of Miami has hired Josh Darrow as its new assistant director of football operations, as first reported by Peter Ariz of CanesInsight this afternoon.

Darrow launched SFHSSports.com (South Florida High School) and was the color commentator for Miami men’s basketball for WQAM before the station eliminated the position due to financial reasons. Darrow has also been the sideline reporter for Miami football games. In addition, he has worked around the South Florida prep football scene extensively throughout the past decade.

The University has yet to officially announce the hiring as of Tuesday evening.

Darrow is replacing Kevin Beard, who was recently promoted to the wide receivers coaching position.

The Hurricanes are currently in spring practice, which will take place through March 26, culminating in the spring game on March 28 at Lockhart Stadium.

Miami will open the season at home on Sept. 5 against Bethune Cookman.

AJ Ricketts

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...