Campus Life, News

Engineers’ Week: Dunk Tank Tuesday

Junior Seanna Sicher, majoring in industrial engineering, celebrates a missed shot during the Engineers' Week dunk tank fundraiser held outside the McArthur Engineering Building Tuesday. Nick Gangemi // Photo Editor

Junior Seanna Sicher, majoring in industrial engineering, celebrates a missed shot during the Engineers’ Week dunk tank fundraiser held outside the McArthur Engineering Building Tuesday. Nick Gangemi // Photo Editor

Nina Miville, an assistant professor in industrial engineering, stepped up and got dunked as part of Engineers’ week, a time dedicated to celebrating engineering. Proceeds from the dunk tank event go to the Institute of Industrial Engineering.

Eddie Sanchez

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...