Campus Life, News

Five events to check out during E-Week and Greek Week

Greek Week pits teams of fraternities and sororities against each other in competitions including O-Cheer in an effort to raise money for UCP, United Cerebral Palsy. // File Photo

Between E-Week and Greek Week, it’s a busy week on campus. Here are the five best events open to all students that you don’t want to miss out on.

Opening Ceremonies and UCP Trivia Night

A lip sync battle between sororities and fraternities will start off Greek Week 2015, followed by a United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) trivia night. Both events are free and open to the University of Miami community. Opening ceremonies sign-ins begin at 6:30 p.m. and the battles begin at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at the University Center (UC) Patio. Trivia Night will begin shortly after.

Concrete Canoe

Campus will see a concrete canoe built by engineering students floating on Lake Osceola, presented by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) on Wednesday. Students can watch as engineers test their creations nearby the Rathskeller and can also ride the canoe with them.

Benefit Concert Carnival

On Thursday, a philanthropic music-themed carnival event will be held on the Rock from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. as part of Greek Week. Come play a carnival game at each team’s booth.

Happ-E-Hour

The College of Engineering Alumni Association and Engineering Advisory Board will be hosting a “Happ-E-Hour” from 6-9 p.m. on Friday at the Rathskeller. To RSVP, click here.

Organized Cheer

Watch sororities and fraternities participate in “Battle of the Bands” as students put together skits and dances to show their best talents to the rest of campus. Only Greek Week teams can perform, but attendance is free for all students. Sign-ins begin at 7:15 p.m. and the event begins at 8 p.m. on Friday at the UC Patio.

Alina Zerpa

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...