Campus Life, News

Five events to check out during E-Week and Greek Week

Greek Week pits teams of fraternities and sororities against each other in competitions including O-Cheer in an effort to raise money for UCP, United Cerebral Palsy. // File Photo

Between E-Week and Greek Week, it’s a busy week on campus. Here are the five best events open to all students that you don’t want to miss out on.

Opening Ceremonies and UCP Trivia Night

A lip sync battle between sororities and fraternities will start off Greek Week 2015, followed by a United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) trivia night. Both events are free and open to the University of Miami community. Opening ceremonies sign-ins begin at 6:30 p.m. and the battles begin at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at the University Center (UC) Patio. Trivia Night will begin shortly after.

Concrete Canoe

Campus will see a concrete canoe built by engineering students floating on Lake Osceola, presented by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) on Wednesday. Students can watch as engineers test their creations nearby the Rathskeller and can also ride the canoe with them.

Benefit Concert Carnival

On Thursday, a philanthropic music-themed carnival event will be held on the Rock from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. as part of Greek Week. Come play a carnival game at each team’s booth.

Happ-E-Hour

The College of Engineering Alumni Association and Engineering Advisory Board will be hosting a “Happ-E-Hour” from 6-9 p.m. on Friday at the Rathskeller. To RSVP, click here.

Organized Cheer

Watch sororities and fraternities participate in “Battle of the Bands” as students put together skits and dances to show their best talents to the rest of campus. Only Greek Week teams can perform, but attendance is free for all students. Sign-ins begin at 7:15 p.m. and the event begins at 8 p.m. on Friday at the UC Patio.

Alina Zerpa

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

The Class of 2023 Stamps Scholars begin their first year at the University of Miami. ...

With 102 events already on their calendar, new initiatives are also on the horizon for the Universit ...

Economic expert Paulo Leme analyzes last week’s economic downturn. ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

The Hurricanes kick off their 2019 soccer campaign Thursday night against UTRGV. ...

Blake James details how Miami and Florida agreed to renew their rivalry with an upcoming home-and-ho ...

adidas x Miami announce continued collaboration with Parley for the Oceans ...

Canes legend Michael Irvin will be attendance for the event the night before the Miami-Florida game. ...