Campus Life, News

Five events to check out during E-Week and Greek Week

Greek Week pits teams of fraternities and sororities against each other in competitions including O-Cheer in an effort to raise money for UCP, United Cerebral Palsy. // File Photo

Between E-Week and Greek Week, it’s a busy week on campus. Here are the five best events open to all students that you don’t want to miss out on.

Opening Ceremonies and UCP Trivia Night

A lip sync battle between sororities and fraternities will start off Greek Week 2015, followed by a United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) trivia night. Both events are free and open to the University of Miami community. Opening ceremonies sign-ins begin at 6:30 p.m. and the battles begin at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at the University Center (UC) Patio. Trivia Night will begin shortly after.

Concrete Canoe

Campus will see a concrete canoe built by engineering students floating on Lake Osceola, presented by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) on Wednesday. Students can watch as engineers test their creations nearby the Rathskeller and can also ride the canoe with them.

Benefit Concert Carnival

On Thursday, a philanthropic music-themed carnival event will be held on the Rock from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. as part of Greek Week. Come play a carnival game at each team’s booth.

Happ-E-Hour

The College of Engineering Alumni Association and Engineering Advisory Board will be hosting a “Happ-E-Hour” from 6-9 p.m. on Friday at the Rathskeller. To RSVP, click here.

Organized Cheer

Watch sororities and fraternities participate in “Battle of the Bands” as students put together skits and dances to show their best talents to the rest of campus. Only Greek Week teams can perform, but attendance is free for all students. Sign-ins begin at 7:15 p.m. and the event begins at 8 p.m. on Friday at the UC Patio.

Alina Zerpa

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...