Campus Life, News

Five events to check out during E-Week and Greek Week

Greek Week pits teams of fraternities and sororities against each other in competitions including O-Cheer in an effort to raise money for UCP, United Cerebral Palsy. // File Photo

Between E-Week and Greek Week, it’s a busy week on campus. Here are the five best events open to all students that you don’t want to miss out on.

Opening Ceremonies and UCP Trivia Night

A lip sync battle between sororities and fraternities will start off Greek Week 2015, followed by a United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) trivia night. Both events are free and open to the University of Miami community. Opening ceremonies sign-ins begin at 6:30 p.m. and the battles begin at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at the University Center (UC) Patio. Trivia Night will begin shortly after.

Concrete Canoe

Campus will see a concrete canoe built by engineering students floating on Lake Osceola, presented by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) on Wednesday. Students can watch as engineers test their creations nearby the Rathskeller and can also ride the canoe with them.

Benefit Concert Carnival

On Thursday, a philanthropic music-themed carnival event will be held on the Rock from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. as part of Greek Week. Come play a carnival game at each team’s booth.

Happ-E-Hour

The College of Engineering Alumni Association and Engineering Advisory Board will be hosting a “Happ-E-Hour” from 6-9 p.m. on Friday at the Rathskeller. To RSVP, click here.

Organized Cheer

Watch sororities and fraternities participate in “Battle of the Bands” as students put together skits and dances to show their best talents to the rest of campus. Only Greek Week teams can perform, but attendance is free for all students. Sign-ins begin at 7:15 p.m. and the event begins at 8 p.m. on Friday at the UC Patio.

Alina Zerpa

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...