Campus Life, News

Five events to check out during E-Week and Greek Week

Greek Week pits teams of fraternities and sororities against each other in competitions including O-Cheer in an effort to raise money for UCP, United Cerebral Palsy. // File Photo

Between E-Week and Greek Week, it’s a busy week on campus. Here are the five best events open to all students that you don’t want to miss out on.

Opening Ceremonies and UCP Trivia Night

A lip sync battle between sororities and fraternities will start off Greek Week 2015, followed by a United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) trivia night. Both events are free and open to the University of Miami community. Opening ceremonies sign-ins begin at 6:30 p.m. and the battles begin at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at the University Center (UC) Patio. Trivia Night will begin shortly after.

Concrete Canoe

Campus will see a concrete canoe built by engineering students floating on Lake Osceola, presented by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) on Wednesday. Students can watch as engineers test their creations nearby the Rathskeller and can also ride the canoe with them.

Benefit Concert Carnival

On Thursday, a philanthropic music-themed carnival event will be held on the Rock from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. as part of Greek Week. Come play a carnival game at each team’s booth.

Happ-E-Hour

The College of Engineering Alumni Association and Engineering Advisory Board will be hosting a “Happ-E-Hour” from 6-9 p.m. on Friday at the Rathskeller. To RSVP, click here.

Organized Cheer

Watch sororities and fraternities participate in “Battle of the Bands” as students put together skits and dances to show their best talents to the rest of campus. Only Greek Week teams can perform, but attendance is free for all students. Sign-ins begin at 7:15 p.m. and the event begins at 8 p.m. on Friday at the UC Patio.

Alina Zerpa

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...