Crime and Safety, News

UPDATE: Student hit by car on campus

On Friday afternoon, 20-year-old Matthew Wisehaupt, a University of Miami student, was hit by a 2015 gray Audi while trying to cross San Amaro Drive and Albenga Avenue. This is located near the University Village apartment complex.

According to Coral Gables police, the 16-year-old driver remained on the scene throughout the investigation.

Coral Gables Fire Rescue transported Wisehaupt to Kendall Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He is expected to recover, according to Local 10 news.

The Coral Gables Police Department’s Crash Investigation Unit continues to investigates the crash. No further details are available at this time.

This story was updated 11:20 a.m. Saturday.

Emily Dabau

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...