Crime and Safety, News

UPDATE: Student hit by car on campus

On Friday afternoon, 20-year-old Matthew Wisehaupt, a University of Miami student, was hit by a 2015 gray Audi while trying to cross San Amaro Drive and Albenga Avenue. This is located near the University Village apartment complex.

According to Coral Gables police, the 16-year-old driver remained on the scene throughout the investigation.

Coral Gables Fire Rescue transported Wisehaupt to Kendall Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He is expected to recover, according to Local 10 news.

The Coral Gables Police Department’s Crash Investigation Unit continues to investigates the crash. No further details are available at this time.

This story was updated 11:20 a.m. Saturday.

Emily Dabau

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...