Crime and Safety, News

UPDATE: Student hit by car on campus

On Friday afternoon, 20-year-old Matthew Wisehaupt, a University of Miami student, was hit by a 2015 gray Audi while trying to cross San Amaro Drive and Albenga Avenue. This is located near the University Village apartment complex.

According to Coral Gables police, the 16-year-old driver remained on the scene throughout the investigation.

Coral Gables Fire Rescue transported Wisehaupt to Kendall Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He is expected to recover, according to Local 10 news.

The Coral Gables Police Department’s Crash Investigation Unit continues to investigates the crash. No further details are available at this time.

This story was updated 11:20 a.m. Saturday.

Emily Dabau

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The Miami Hurricanes football coaching staff is officially complete. UM announced Friday that Taylor ...

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

Check out the January edition of the University of Miami's e-magazine. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 2-0 on the young season after securing a ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first doubleheader of the season Saturday in ...