Crime and Safety, News

UPDATE: Student hit by car on campus

On Friday afternoon, 20-year-old Matthew Wisehaupt, a University of Miami student, was hit by a 2015 gray Audi while trying to cross San Amaro Drive and Albenga Avenue. This is located near the University Village apartment complex.

According to Coral Gables police, the 16-year-old driver remained on the scene throughout the investigation.

Coral Gables Fire Rescue transported Wisehaupt to Kendall Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He is expected to recover, according to Local 10 news.

The Coral Gables Police Department’s Crash Investigation Unit continues to investigates the crash. No further details are available at this time.

This story was updated 11:20 a.m. Saturday.

Emily Dabau

Frost School of Music’s faculty and staff members and students utilize their talents to help unify t

Rudy Fernandez, senior vice president for public affairs and communications at the University of Mia

Hope is an elusive concept, but it is a crucial feeling to hold on to at a time of crisis. During th

Members of the Muslim Students of the University of Miami celebrate the holy month while adhering to

A University of Miami faculty member offers tips on how to preserve healthy work-life practices as w