Blogs, UBuzz

What Midterm Season Feels Like

Midterm season is upon us once again, Canes, and what better way to procrastinate than to read an article with relatable GIFs?

1. First comes first, the professor announces the dreaded date.

And will remind you of the date of your imminent death every class meeting up until the test.

1. You mark your calendar and plan a fool proof study schedule.

What could go wrong?

1. But instead of opening the books, you open your laptop.

Clear skies. Full Hearts. Can’t lose.

1. By the end of the day you realize that you haven’t gotten anything done.

You win again, Netflix.

1. Other than further improving your procrastination skills. 
  1. Your Saturday nights go from:

1. To:

1. You take a break and go out one night, but the whole time you’re thinking about all the work you have to do.

1. The middle of the week looks a little something like this:

1. Your parents call to check up on you.

1. But I believe in you.

1. You’re almost there.

1. Test day arrives.

1. You give yourself a pep talk.

1. …And then the test is handed out.

1. It’s common to see students walk out of a midterm tissue in hand.

1. But when grades come out, it turns out you didn’t do so badly!

Lizzie Wilcox

The Miami Hurricanes returned to the football field Tuesday, their first spring at the Carol Soffer ...

So much for the suspense of Selection Monday. The University of Miami women’s basketball team didn’t ...

The University of Miami women’s basketball team didn’t have to wait until Monday night’s Selection S ...

Nearly three months have passed since we last saw the Miami Hurricanes perform on a football field, ...

Manny Diaz begins his first spring practice as UM’s head football coach on Tuesday, and nobody — not ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

Three School of Architecture students recount their first day in Switzerland, and some of the archit ...

In the aftermath of the powerful tornado that devastated a rural Alabama community, a UM storm exper ...

The Miami women's basketball team received a No. 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host th ...

The Canes return home for a week, beginning a five-game homestand with a midweek series against Colu ...

The University of Miami women's track and field program rank eighth in the preseason edition of ...

New Hurricanes wide receiver K.J. Osborn was swayed by what he saw on his television set in early Ja ...

Images from the No. 27 Miami women's tennis team's 5-2 triumph over No. 42 Notre Dame at t ...