News, Senate Recap, Student Government

Senate Recap: Campus myths, school-wide book read, Sebastian’s birthday

This week’s Senate is expecting a lot of change with next week’s inducting of new senators elected this week.
  • The Academic Affairs (AA) committee is still working on finalizing its list of myths around campus in the hopes of helping students clarify rumors. For example, students are allowed to have more than three exams in a day, except during finals.
  • AA is also working on implementing a school-wide book to be read to help fulfill student’s reading and writing credits.
  • Applications for seats in Senate for Fall of 2016 will be open until 5 pm on Monday, Feb. 23.
  • For those who didn’t know, this Sunday marks Sebastian the Ibis’ birthday.
  • Student Activities and Student Organizations (SASO) will be giving out 1,000 tickets for the Miami Heat starting at 9 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 19 in the Student Activities Center Suite 206.

Alina Zerpa

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...