News, Senate Recap, Student Government

Senate Recap: Campus myths, school-wide book read, Sebastian’s birthday

This week’s Senate is expecting a lot of change with next week’s inducting of new senators elected this week.
  • The Academic Affairs (AA) committee is still working on finalizing its list of myths around campus in the hopes of helping students clarify rumors. For example, students are allowed to have more than three exams in a day, except during finals.
  • AA is also working on implementing a school-wide book to be read to help fulfill student’s reading and writing credits.
  • Applications for seats in Senate for Fall of 2016 will be open until 5 pm on Monday, Feb. 23.
  • For those who didn’t know, this Sunday marks Sebastian the Ibis’ birthday.
  • Student Activities and Student Organizations (SASO) will be giving out 1,000 tickets for the Miami Heat starting at 9 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 19 in the Student Activities Center Suite 206.

Alina Zerpa

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

UM coach Manny Diaz, who expressed disappointment in Miami’s South Florida recruiting efforts in the ...

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

Michelle Atherley of the Miami track and field team made history on Thursday, as she dominated from ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 73-65 decision Thursday night to Virginia Te ...

Riding a four-game winning streak, the Canes head to Gainesville, Fla., for a three-game rivalry ser ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

Check out the February edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...