News, Senate Recap, Student Government

Senate Recap: Campus myths, school-wide book read, Sebastian’s birthday

This week’s Senate is expecting a lot of change with next week’s inducting of new senators elected this week.
  • The Academic Affairs (AA) committee is still working on finalizing its list of myths around campus in the hopes of helping students clarify rumors. For example, students are allowed to have more than three exams in a day, except during finals.
  • AA is also working on implementing a school-wide book to be read to help fulfill student’s reading and writing credits.
  • Applications for seats in Senate for Fall of 2016 will be open until 5 pm on Monday, Feb. 23.
  • For those who didn’t know, this Sunday marks Sebastian the Ibis’ birthday.
  • Student Activities and Student Organizations (SASO) will be giving out 1,000 tickets for the Miami Heat starting at 9 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 19 in the Student Activities Center Suite 206.

Alina Zerpa

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas