News, Senate Recap, Student Government

Senate Recap: Campus myths, school-wide book read, Sebastian’s birthday

This week’s Senate is expecting a lot of change with next week’s inducting of new senators elected this week.
  • The Academic Affairs (AA) committee is still working on finalizing its list of myths around campus in the hopes of helping students clarify rumors. For example, students are allowed to have more than three exams in a day, except during finals.
  • AA is also working on implementing a school-wide book to be read to help fulfill student’s reading and writing credits.
  • Applications for seats in Senate for Fall of 2016 will be open until 5 pm on Monday, Feb. 23.
  • For those who didn’t know, this Sunday marks Sebastian the Ibis’ birthday.
  • Student Activities and Student Organizations (SASO) will be giving out 1,000 tickets for the Miami Heat starting at 9 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 19 in the Student Activities Center Suite 206.

Alina Zerpa

University of Miami students share their thoughts and impressions as President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris take the helm. ...

Following Wednesday’s historic event, University of Miami experts in various fields provide their insight on the biggest challenges facing the new administration. ...

As part of the “Roadmap to Our New Century” initiative, the University of Miami advances the art of teaching and the science of learning by partnering with students, alumni, and others to offer options throughout the entire adult learning life cycle. ...

University of Miami experts weigh the merit and consequences of amending or repealing the communications law that provides a legal shield for service providers from the words, images, and videos posted by their users. ...

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...