News Briefs 2/19

Road closed for Frost dedication

Due to the dedication of the new Frost Studios of the School of Music, Miller Drive will be closed to traffic from noon on Thursday, Feb. 19 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 20. To access the Purple Lot, traffic must go through Memorial Drive and Robbia Avenue. The speed limit on internal campus roadways is 15 MPH; proceed with caution. To contact Parking & Transportation, call 305-284-3096.

Wish Makers

Wishmakers on Campus will be hosting a volleyball tournament where all proceeds will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. It is $40 for early registration for teams of 5-7 and $45 at the door. Individuals without a team will be placed with other single players. Food and prizes will be provided. The tournament will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 22 at the main gym in the second floor of the Wellness Center. To register, contact UMWishmakers@gmail.com

Drink ThinK Program

Greek Week will be welcoming Rick Barnes to empower students to achieve their highest potential concerning alcohol use. “Rick’s Drink Think” program is a fun, interactive, yet serious discussion about alcohol use on campus. Those participating in Greek Week must have 50 members attending to achieve points for this event. Free and open to all students, the event will take place at 8 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 23 in Storer Auditorium.

Ying Yang Twins #AtTheRat

The Atlanta-based hip-hop duo, Ying Yang Twins, will be performing at the Rat at 10 p.m., sponsored by Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. and free giveaways will be given to the first 100 people to arrive. To enter, students need their Cane Cards. Re-entries and large bags will not be allowed. Students can only bring one guest who must be at least 18 years old and have an ID.

Alina Zerpa can be e-mailed at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com.

Alina Zerpa

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...