News Briefs 2/19

Road closed for Frost dedication

Due to the dedication of the new Frost Studios of the School of Music, Miller Drive will be closed to traffic from noon on Thursday, Feb. 19 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 20. To access the Purple Lot, traffic must go through Memorial Drive and Robbia Avenue. The speed limit on internal campus roadways is 15 MPH; proceed with caution. To contact Parking & Transportation, call 305-284-3096.

Wish Makers

Wishmakers on Campus will be hosting a volleyball tournament where all proceeds will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. It is $40 for early registration for teams of 5-7 and $45 at the door. Individuals without a team will be placed with other single players. Food and prizes will be provided. The tournament will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 22 at the main gym in the second floor of the Wellness Center. To register, contact UMWishmakers@gmail.com

Drink ThinK Program

Greek Week will be welcoming Rick Barnes to empower students to achieve their highest potential concerning alcohol use. “Rick’s Drink Think” program is a fun, interactive, yet serious discussion about alcohol use on campus. Those participating in Greek Week must have 50 members attending to achieve points for this event. Free and open to all students, the event will take place at 8 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 23 in Storer Auditorium.

Ying Yang Twins #AtTheRat

The Atlanta-based hip-hop duo, Ying Yang Twins, will be performing at the Rat at 10 p.m., sponsored by Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. and free giveaways will be given to the first 100 people to arrive. To enter, students need their Cane Cards. Re-entries and large bags will not be allowed. Students can only bring one guest who must be at least 18 years old and have an ID.

Alina Zerpa can be e-mailed at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com.

Alina Zerpa

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...