V's Take

Dear V: Blast from the past…

My ex-boyfriend from high school contacted me. He says he misses me and wants to get back together. We haven’t talked since I left for college. I’m wrapping up my sophomore year, and I really don’t want to return to an old flame. He reminds me of the person I used to be, and it’s time for me to move on. The other problem is that he is coming to visit his uncle who lives in Miami, and I haven’t had sex in a while. So I’m really in a bind.

Sincerely,

My Not-So-Chemical Romance

Dear Black Parade recruit,

To start, your reference to 2008 alternative music gives me feels in a Tumblr kind of way.

It can be difficult to resist the longings for past love. He sounds like your first real relationship and the person responsible for your sexual awakening.

Kate Chopin’s got nothing on you, girl.

To be fair, we have physical needs that require fulfilling. There’s only so much toys and vibrators can achieve. If you’re able to find a substitute for the real “D,” then my wildest dreams have come true.

This guy cannot come out of the blue and rekindle what was once there. He should not expect that his magic dragon can ignite the passion both of you shared in the hallways before fifth period.

An easy way to figure this out is to remember the break up. Why did it happen? What was terrible about him? Why couldn’t you give him? In this way, the nostalgia of teenage romps on Makeout Mountain will soon be replaced with the he-said-she-said battles of leaving for college and working on something long distance.

However, if the sex is as good as you say it is, then I’m more inclined to let you go along with this whim. Keep in mind that his only job is to satisfy you and then he returns right back where he came from. All you have to do is continue to live in sunny Miami with a clean set of pipes.

It’s totally natural for you to feel in a “bind.” Each of my exes made me the person I am today. Without them, I wouldn’t have learned about why fetishes are only fun in theory and why spanking leaves me with more pain than pleasure.

Count on him to deliver. If he is coming all this way for a reunion episode, then you’d better see results. Let him do all the work and you be your beautiful, bae self.

Advice Columnist

The season is evaporating before our eyes. And nothing made that more obvious than University of Mia ...

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...