V's Take

Dear V: Blast from the past…

My ex-boyfriend from high school contacted me. He says he misses me and wants to get back together. We haven’t talked since I left for college. I’m wrapping up my sophomore year, and I really don’t want to return to an old flame. He reminds me of the person I used to be, and it’s time for me to move on. The other problem is that he is coming to visit his uncle who lives in Miami, and I haven’t had sex in a while. So I’m really in a bind.

Sincerely,

My Not-So-Chemical Romance

Dear Black Parade recruit,

To start, your reference to 2008 alternative music gives me feels in a Tumblr kind of way.

It can be difficult to resist the longings for past love. He sounds like your first real relationship and the person responsible for your sexual awakening.

Kate Chopin’s got nothing on you, girl.

To be fair, we have physical needs that require fulfilling. There’s only so much toys and vibrators can achieve. If you’re able to find a substitute for the real “D,” then my wildest dreams have come true.

This guy cannot come out of the blue and rekindle what was once there. He should not expect that his magic dragon can ignite the passion both of you shared in the hallways before fifth period.

An easy way to figure this out is to remember the break up. Why did it happen? What was terrible about him? Why couldn’t you give him? In this way, the nostalgia of teenage romps on Makeout Mountain will soon be replaced with the he-said-she-said battles of leaving for college and working on something long distance.

However, if the sex is as good as you say it is, then I’m more inclined to let you go along with this whim. Keep in mind that his only job is to satisfy you and then he returns right back where he came from. All you have to do is continue to live in sunny Miami with a clean set of pipes.

It’s totally natural for you to feel in a “bind.” Each of my exes made me the person I am today. Without them, I wouldn’t have learned about why fetishes are only fun in theory and why spanking leaves me with more pain than pleasure.

Count on him to deliver. If he is coming all this way for a reunion episode, then you’d better see results. Let him do all the work and you be your beautiful, bae self.

Advice Columnist

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...