On-campus research magazine asks for funding

miami scientifica

Voting for Student Government (SG) elections has officially begun and will end Wednesday at 4 p.m. In addition to choosing a new SG president, vice president and senate chairs, University of Miami students will also have the opportunity to vote “yes” or “no” for the UMiami Scientifica referendum.

Scientifica Magazine is UM’s first undergraduate research magazine, and launched its first issue in November 2014. Its focus is mainly to provide students with insight on topics of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).

In order for the magazine to release four print issues per year, Scientifica staff members have to deal with the challenge of printing costs.

The UMiami Scientifica referendum asks students to vote on the idea of adding a one-dollar increase to their student activities fee to cover printing costs for the publication.

Students can vote at one of the polling stations installed in the University Center (UC) breezeway, the freshman residential colleges or online through OrgSync at orgsync.com/81696/forms/133697.

Sophie Barros

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...