On-campus research magazine asks for funding

miami scientifica

Voting for Student Government (SG) elections has officially begun and will end Wednesday at 4 p.m. In addition to choosing a new SG president, vice president and senate chairs, University of Miami students will also have the opportunity to vote “yes” or “no” for the UMiami Scientifica referendum.

Scientifica Magazine is UM’s first undergraduate research magazine, and launched its first issue in November 2014. Its focus is mainly to provide students with insight on topics of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).

In order for the magazine to release four print issues per year, Scientifica staff members have to deal with the challenge of printing costs.

The UMiami Scientifica referendum asks students to vote on the idea of adding a one-dollar increase to their student activities fee to cover printing costs for the publication.

Students can vote at one of the polling stations installed in the University Center (UC) breezeway, the freshman residential colleges or online through OrgSync at orgsync.com/81696/forms/133697.

Sophie Barros

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team recorded its second win of the day Saturday evening at the ...

Chris Lykes scored 20 points, but the Canes come up just short against No. 13 UNC. ...

In the first of its two matches Saturday at the FGCU Tennis Complex, the No. 17 Miami women's t ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...