Basketball, Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 2/16

At Sunday's game against Georgia Tech, Sophomore guard Adrienne Motley and the Women's Basketball team wear pink as part of the Play 4Kay game that supports breast cancer awareness. Nagashreya Chidarala // Contributing Photographer

At Sunday’s game against Georgia Tech, Sophomore guard Adrienne Motley and the Women’s Basketball team wear pink as part of the Play 4Kay game that supports breast cancer awareness. Nagashreya Chidarala // Contributing Photographer

TRACK AND FIELD

The Miami Hurricanes track and field team finished the 2015 Tyson Invitational Saturday in Fayetteville, Ar. Sophomore Gian Piero Ragonesi finished eighth in the men’s shot topping his personal-best with 17.68m ranking second in UM history.  The women’s 4x400m relay team  ran for a seventh place finish with a time of 3:35.36. Miami will return to the track for the ACC Indoor Championships in Blacksburg, Va., Feb. 27-28.

MEN’S TENNIS

On a dual weekend with two competitions against different schools, the Miami Hurricanes men’s tennis team split 1-1 at the Neil Schiff  Tennis Center.  The No. 71 team finished Friday the day with a 7-0 victory over Kennesaw State. The Canes won all six singles matches and two doubles matches. The next day the Canes fell 4-3 to No. 48 Pepperdine. The Canes will host Bethune-Cookman in a doubleheader on Saturday, Feb. 28 at 10 a.m. and again at 4 p.m.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

The Miami men’s basketball game at Boston College scheduled for Sunday night has been postponed to Monday at 3 p.m. due to inclement weather and travel conditions in the northeast. The game will be televised on ESPNU.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

Tufaan, the University of Miami’s South Asian a cappella group, needs the community’s help to advanc

Dr. Brandon Chatani, a Miller School of Medicine infectious disease specialist, offers advice on way

With the federal Endangered Species Act in danger, University of Miami researchers find that state p

An online exhibit spotlights the talents of two University of Miami incoming Master of Fine Arts gra

Casey Klofstad, political science professor, explains why and how voters should pay attention to pol