Basketball, Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 2/16

At Sunday's game against Georgia Tech, Sophomore guard Adrienne Motley and the Women's Basketball team wear pink as part of the Play 4Kay game that supports breast cancer awareness. Nagashreya Chidarala // Contributing Photographer

At Sunday’s game against Georgia Tech, Sophomore guard Adrienne Motley and the Women’s Basketball team wear pink as part of the Play 4Kay game that supports breast cancer awareness. Nagashreya Chidarala // Contributing Photographer

TRACK AND FIELD

The Miami Hurricanes track and field team finished the 2015 Tyson Invitational Saturday in Fayetteville, Ar. Sophomore Gian Piero Ragonesi finished eighth in the men’s shot topping his personal-best with 17.68m ranking second in UM history.  The women’s 4x400m relay team  ran for a seventh place finish with a time of 3:35.36. Miami will return to the track for the ACC Indoor Championships in Blacksburg, Va., Feb. 27-28.

MEN’S TENNIS

On a dual weekend with two competitions against different schools, the Miami Hurricanes men’s tennis team split 1-1 at the Neil Schiff  Tennis Center.  The No. 71 team finished Friday the day with a 7-0 victory over Kennesaw State. The Canes won all six singles matches and two doubles matches. The next day the Canes fell 4-3 to No. 48 Pepperdine. The Canes will host Bethune-Cookman in a doubleheader on Saturday, Feb. 28 at 10 a.m. and again at 4 p.m.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

The Miami men’s basketball game at Boston College scheduled for Sunday night has been postponed to Monday at 3 p.m. due to inclement weather and travel conditions in the northeast. The game will be televised on ESPNU.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...