Basketball, Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 2/16

At Sunday's game against Georgia Tech, Sophomore guard Adrienne Motley and the Women's Basketball team wear pink as part of the Play 4Kay game that supports breast cancer awareness. Nagashreya Chidarala // Contributing Photographer

At Sunday’s game against Georgia Tech, Sophomore guard Adrienne Motley and the Women’s Basketball team wear pink as part of the Play 4Kay game that supports breast cancer awareness. Nagashreya Chidarala // Contributing Photographer

TRACK AND FIELD

The Miami Hurricanes track and field team finished the 2015 Tyson Invitational Saturday in Fayetteville, Ar. Sophomore Gian Piero Ragonesi finished eighth in the men’s shot topping his personal-best with 17.68m ranking second in UM history.  The women’s 4x400m relay team  ran for a seventh place finish with a time of 3:35.36. Miami will return to the track for the ACC Indoor Championships in Blacksburg, Va., Feb. 27-28.

MEN’S TENNIS

On a dual weekend with two competitions against different schools, the Miami Hurricanes men’s tennis team split 1-1 at the Neil Schiff  Tennis Center.  The No. 71 team finished Friday the day with a 7-0 victory over Kennesaw State. The Canes won all six singles matches and two doubles matches. The next day the Canes fell 4-3 to No. 48 Pepperdine. The Canes will host Bethune-Cookman in a doubleheader on Saturday, Feb. 28 at 10 a.m. and again at 4 p.m.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

The Miami men’s basketball game at Boston College scheduled for Sunday night has been postponed to Monday at 3 p.m. due to inclement weather and travel conditions in the northeast. The game will be televised on ESPNU.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...