Basketball, Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 2/16

At Sunday's game against Georgia Tech, Sophomore guard Adrienne Motley and the Women's Basketball team wear pink as part of the Play 4Kay game that supports breast cancer awareness. Nagashreya Chidarala // Contributing Photographer

At Sunday’s game against Georgia Tech, Sophomore guard Adrienne Motley and the Women’s Basketball team wear pink as part of the Play 4Kay game that supports breast cancer awareness. Nagashreya Chidarala // Contributing Photographer

TRACK AND FIELD

The Miami Hurricanes track and field team finished the 2015 Tyson Invitational Saturday in Fayetteville, Ar. Sophomore Gian Piero Ragonesi finished eighth in the men’s shot topping his personal-best with 17.68m ranking second in UM history.  The women’s 4x400m relay team  ran for a seventh place finish with a time of 3:35.36. Miami will return to the track for the ACC Indoor Championships in Blacksburg, Va., Feb. 27-28.

MEN’S TENNIS

On a dual weekend with two competitions against different schools, the Miami Hurricanes men’s tennis team split 1-1 at the Neil Schiff  Tennis Center.  The No. 71 team finished Friday the day with a 7-0 victory over Kennesaw State. The Canes won all six singles matches and two doubles matches. The next day the Canes fell 4-3 to No. 48 Pepperdine. The Canes will host Bethune-Cookman in a doubleheader on Saturday, Feb. 28 at 10 a.m. and again at 4 p.m.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

The Miami men’s basketball game at Boston College scheduled for Sunday night has been postponed to Monday at 3 p.m. due to inclement weather and travel conditions in the northeast. The game will be televised on ESPNU.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...