Community, Edge

Coconut Grove Arts Festival features eclectic music showcase

Coconut Grove Arts Festival (CGAF) is a three-day outdoor fine arts festival in Miami where artists around the world display their works alongside food, music and a lively atmosphere. CGAF opened Saturday for its 52nd year with, more than 380 artists participating, and will run through Monday.

The festival partnered with the Miami New Times to offer a whole showcase of eclectic musical artists at the main stage. With Zach Deputy, a self-described one-man “Island-infused, Drum ‘n’ Bass, Gospel-Ninja-Soul,” and a special guest, Miami natives Juke, the first day concluded with a major open field dance party for fans of a fusion of rhythm and blues, soul, jam, Caribbean and electronica music.

Continuing the high-quality performance, the award-winning, psychedelic southern rock band Bright Light Social Hour will rock on Sunday evening. Being a favorite on the national touring rotation with incendiary live performances, the band has swept six awards presented by the SXSW 2011 Austin Music Awards, including Band of the Year, Album of the Year and Song of the Year. Their second full-length album will also be released in March.

On Monday, the wildly unapologetic and kazoo-wielding Beebs and Her Moneymakers will end the festival.

Saturday

Gold Dust Lounge 12:30 p.m.

Robby Hunter 2 p.m.

My Deer 3:30 p.m.

Zach Deputy w/ Special Guests: Juke 5 p.m.

Sunday

Krisp 12:30 p.m.

The Deaf Poets 1:30 p.m.

Ketchy Shuby 2:30 p.m.

Locos Por Juana 3:30 p.m.

The Bright Light Social Hour 5 p.m.

Monday

Chloe Dolandis 12:30 p.m.

Shotgun Betty 2 p.m.

Suenalo 3:30 p.m.

Beebs & Her Moneymakers 5 p.m.

Featured Photo Courtesy Coconut Grove Arts Festival.

Siyuan Tong

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...