Community, Edge

Coconut Grove Arts Festival features eclectic music showcase

Coconut Grove Arts Festival (CGAF) is a three-day outdoor fine arts festival in Miami where artists around the world display their works alongside food, music and a lively atmosphere. CGAF opened Saturday for its 52nd year with, more than 380 artists participating, and will run through Monday.

The festival partnered with the Miami New Times to offer a whole showcase of eclectic musical artists at the main stage. With Zach Deputy, a self-described one-man “Island-infused, Drum ‘n’ Bass, Gospel-Ninja-Soul,” and a special guest, Miami natives Juke, the first day concluded with a major open field dance party for fans of a fusion of rhythm and blues, soul, jam, Caribbean and electronica music.

Continuing the high-quality performance, the award-winning, psychedelic southern rock band Bright Light Social Hour will rock on Sunday evening. Being a favorite on the national touring rotation with incendiary live performances, the band has swept six awards presented by the SXSW 2011 Austin Music Awards, including Band of the Year, Album of the Year and Song of the Year. Their second full-length album will also be released in March.

On Monday, the wildly unapologetic and kazoo-wielding Beebs and Her Moneymakers will end the festival.

Saturday

Gold Dust Lounge 12:30 p.m.

Robby Hunter 2 p.m.

My Deer 3:30 p.m.

Zach Deputy w/ Special Guests: Juke 5 p.m.

Sunday

Krisp 12:30 p.m.

The Deaf Poets 1:30 p.m.

Ketchy Shuby 2:30 p.m.

Locos Por Juana 3:30 p.m.

The Bright Light Social Hour 5 p.m.

Monday

Chloe Dolandis 12:30 p.m.

Shotgun Betty 2 p.m.

Suenalo 3:30 p.m.

Beebs & Her Moneymakers 5 p.m.

Featured Photo Courtesy Coconut Grove Arts Festival.

Siyuan Tong

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...