Edge, Food

Restaurants to satisfy hearty Valentine’s Day appetite

Whether you plan to treat a special someone to a night of wining, dining and Valentining or plan to go out with friends to protest all things red and heart-shaped, here are four restaurants to make Feb. 14 memorable.

SUSHISAMBA

Splurge on sushi, steak and ceviche this Valentine’s Day at Sushisamba. This Coral Gables restaurant boasts a blend of Japanese, Peruvian and Brazilian cuisine. Though prices range from $12 sushi rolls to hundred-dollar hot rock Wagyu, the creativity and quality are well worth the cost. Sushisamba’s Valentine’s Day menu offers limited-edition Hiramasa Ceviche and Red Samba Roll, yuzu-butter poached whole Maine lobster and pink velvet Japanese cheesecake. Located at 180 Aragon Avenue, Coral Gables, Fla. 33134.

CIBO WINE BAR

For a rustic Italian atmosphere and extensive wine list, dine at Cibo Wine Bar on Miracle Mile. The menu offers both tapas-style appetizers like polenta fries and beef carpaccio, full-fledged pasta dishes, veal, steak, or short rib and 16 different pizzas. Secondi dishes range from $24-29, but antipasto, pasta and pizza options will leave you and your wallet feeling satisfied. Located at 45 Miracle Mile, Miami, Fla. 33134.

HILLSTONE

For a new take on a traditional steakhouse, try Hillstone. Aside from the three cuts of steak and three beefy burgers, Hillstone’s menu also offers salmon and the daily catch, sushi and sashimi, and a slew of vegetarian options. The wine list boasts bottles from around the world, from Chile to New Zealand. Though the steaks may break the bank, there are plenty of menu items for under $20. Located at 201 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, Fla. 33134. 

BOMBAY DARBAR

For affordable exotic dishes, spend Valentine’s Day at Bombay Darbar in Coconut Grove. This traditional Indian restaurant is both quaint and romantic, decked in chandeliers and tapestries. Since everything on the menu is less than $20, you can order all of the curry, samosas and naan you want. See for yourself what Yelp reviewers have dubbed the “best Indian food in Miami.” Located at 3195 Commodore Plaza, Miami, Fla. 33133.

Featured image courtesy Flickr user Beraldo Leal

Haley Walker

So what do UM Board of Trustee members think of what’s going on with the football program? Conversat ...

The University of Miami has dismissed wide receiver Jeff Thomas — widely recognized as the most gift ...

University of Miami sophomore receiver Jeff Thomas, widely considered the team’s most gifted player ...

Khris Bogle isn’t shy about his enthusiasm for the Alabama Crimson Tide after a recent visit to Tusc ...

Finally, the Eye on the U podcast comes to your ears after a Miami Hurricanes win. Miami went on the ...

Throughout campus, students expressed gratitude that they can be at UM and visit family during the T ...

Vector-borne specialist John Beier tells us what we should know about the illness. ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

Jaquan Johnson, Michael Jackson and Sheldrick Redwine have forged an unbreakable bond at Miami and a ...

Canes and Explorers kick off tournament Thursday at 2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT. ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team is set to host its annual Miami Thanksgiving Classi ...

The Miami women's basketball team jumped two spots to No. 22 nationally in the first in-season ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...