Edge, Food

Restaurants to satisfy hearty Valentine’s Day appetite

Whether you plan to treat a special someone to a night of wining, dining and Valentining or plan to go out with friends to protest all things red and heart-shaped, here are four restaurants to make Feb. 14 memorable.

SUSHISAMBA

Splurge on sushi, steak and ceviche this Valentine’s Day at Sushisamba. This Coral Gables restaurant boasts a blend of Japanese, Peruvian and Brazilian cuisine. Though prices range from $12 sushi rolls to hundred-dollar hot rock Wagyu, the creativity and quality are well worth the cost. Sushisamba’s Valentine’s Day menu offers limited-edition Hiramasa Ceviche and Red Samba Roll, yuzu-butter poached whole Maine lobster and pink velvet Japanese cheesecake. Located at 180 Aragon Avenue, Coral Gables, Fla. 33134.

CIBO WINE BAR

For a rustic Italian atmosphere and extensive wine list, dine at Cibo Wine Bar on Miracle Mile. The menu offers both tapas-style appetizers like polenta fries and beef carpaccio, full-fledged pasta dishes, veal, steak, or short rib and 16 different pizzas. Secondi dishes range from $24-29, but antipasto, pasta and pizza options will leave you and your wallet feeling satisfied. Located at 45 Miracle Mile, Miami, Fla. 33134.

HILLSTONE

For a new take on a traditional steakhouse, try Hillstone. Aside from the three cuts of steak and three beefy burgers, Hillstone’s menu also offers salmon and the daily catch, sushi and sashimi, and a slew of vegetarian options. The wine list boasts bottles from around the world, from Chile to New Zealand. Though the steaks may break the bank, there are plenty of menu items for under $20. Located at 201 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, Fla. 33134. 

BOMBAY DARBAR

For affordable exotic dishes, spend Valentine’s Day at Bombay Darbar in Coconut Grove. This traditional Indian restaurant is both quaint and romantic, decked in chandeliers and tapestries. Since everything on the menu is less than $20, you can order all of the curry, samosas and naan you want. See for yourself what Yelp reviewers have dubbed the “best Indian food in Miami.” Located at 3195 Commodore Plaza, Miami, Fla. 33133.

Featured image courtesy Flickr user Beraldo Leal

Haley Walker

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...