Edge, Food

Restaurants to satisfy hearty Valentine’s Day appetite

Whether you plan to treat a special someone to a night of wining, dining and Valentining or plan to go out with friends to protest all things red and heart-shaped, here are four restaurants to make Feb. 14 memorable.

SUSHISAMBA

Splurge on sushi, steak and ceviche this Valentine’s Day at Sushisamba. This Coral Gables restaurant boasts a blend of Japanese, Peruvian and Brazilian cuisine. Though prices range from $12 sushi rolls to hundred-dollar hot rock Wagyu, the creativity and quality are well worth the cost. Sushisamba’s Valentine’s Day menu offers limited-edition Hiramasa Ceviche and Red Samba Roll, yuzu-butter poached whole Maine lobster and pink velvet Japanese cheesecake. Located at 180 Aragon Avenue, Coral Gables, Fla. 33134.

CIBO WINE BAR

For a rustic Italian atmosphere and extensive wine list, dine at Cibo Wine Bar on Miracle Mile. The menu offers both tapas-style appetizers like polenta fries and beef carpaccio, full-fledged pasta dishes, veal, steak, or short rib and 16 different pizzas. Secondi dishes range from $24-29, but antipasto, pasta and pizza options will leave you and your wallet feeling satisfied. Located at 45 Miracle Mile, Miami, Fla. 33134.

HILLSTONE

For a new take on a traditional steakhouse, try Hillstone. Aside from the three cuts of steak and three beefy burgers, Hillstone’s menu also offers salmon and the daily catch, sushi and sashimi, and a slew of vegetarian options. The wine list boasts bottles from around the world, from Chile to New Zealand. Though the steaks may break the bank, there are plenty of menu items for under $20. Located at 201 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, Fla. 33134. 

BOMBAY DARBAR

For affordable exotic dishes, spend Valentine’s Day at Bombay Darbar in Coconut Grove. This traditional Indian restaurant is both quaint and romantic, decked in chandeliers and tapestries. Since everything on the menu is less than $20, you can order all of the curry, samosas and naan you want. See for yourself what Yelp reviewers have dubbed the “best Indian food in Miami.” Located at 3195 Commodore Plaza, Miami, Fla. 33133.

Featured image courtesy Flickr user Beraldo Leal

Haley Walker

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

UM coach Manny Diaz, who expressed disappointment in Miami’s South Florida recruiting efforts in the ...

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

Michelle Atherley of the Miami track and field team made history on Thursday, as she dominated from ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 73-65 decision Thursday night to Virginia Te ...

Riding a four-game winning streak, the Canes head to Gainesville, Fla., for a three-game rivalry ser ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

Check out the February edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...