Community, Edge

What to do this Valentine’s Day weekend

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it’s time to start planning the perfect weekend. Fortunately, for all those romantics out there, Valentine’s is on a Saturday, allowing for more celebrations. If you’re in a relationship or just want to have a good time with friends, there are several options to turn V-Day into a romantic escape or a fun weekend.

#AttheRat

If you’re looking for a last-minute Valentine’s Day gift or are in need of a fuzzy friend, stop by the Rathskeller from 3-5 p.m. Friday to make your own stuffed animal. Show a Rathskeller Advisory Board member your receipt of $5 or more from that day to get in line.

Cupid’s Carnival

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Head to Cupid’s Carnival from 6-9 p.m. Friday at Flamingo Park for an evening filled with carnival rides, games, giveaways, a photobooth, candy station, a magic show and a live jazz performance. Admission is free. Flamingo Park is located at 14th Street and Meridian Ave., Miami Beach, Fla. 33139.

Run, Cupid, run

For those who want to start the day in the healthiest way possible, check out the RunWild 5K, a race that will go through the entire Zoo Miami. Registration is $15 for students and closes midnight Thursday. For more information, visit runwild5kmiami.com. ZooMiami is located at 1 Zoo Blvd.,12400 SW 152 Street, Miami, Fla. 33177.

Valentine’s concert

If you’re looking to set the mood, check out the annual Valentine’s Day concert at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden to enjoy live jazz music. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and the concert begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25 for students. Fairchild is located at 10901 Old Cutler Road, Miami, Fla. 33156.

Dinner for two

Pay a visit to the The Southwest Community Farmers’ Market in Tropical Park and get some organic vegetables, herbs, fruits and flowers to prepare a Valentine’s Day dinner at home. The market runs Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The farmer’s market is located at Tropical Park near the Bird Road entrance at 7900 Bird Rod, Miami, Fla. 33155.

Coconut Grove Arts Festival

Paint the town red at the annual Coconut Grove Arts Festival by enjoying one mile of arts and food. It takes place 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday through Monday. Admission is $15, but student tickets are available for $5 at cultureshockmiami.com. The festival is located alt Mayfair In the Grove, 3390 Mary St., Miami, Fla. 33133.

Art Walk

Every second Saturday of the month, Wynwood and the Design District offer art walks. This Valentine’s Day Saturday is even better, showcasing new exhibitions and various food trucks to indulge in other entertaining things that aren’t all about love  from 7-10 p.m.. The Wynwood Art Walk is located at 2219 NW 2nd Ave., Miami, Fla. 33127.

Donatela Vacca

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...