Sports briefs 2/12

FOOTBALL

Miami Hurricanes football underwent coaching changes this week with the departure of Wide Receivers Coach and National Recruiting Coordinator Brennan Carroll and the addition of Defensive Line Coach Randy Melvin.

Carroll will join his father, Pete Carroll, and staff as offensive assistant of the Seattle Seahawks. Carroll spent the four seasons with the Hurricanes with his first two seasons as the tight ends coach.

Melvin has 30 years of coaching experience with college, the Canadian Football League and the National Football League. He served as a defensive line coach for Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Florida International University, Temple, the Cleveland Browns and the New England Patriots – just to name a few.

GOLF

The women’s golf team placed seventh at the 2015 UCF Challenge Tuesday at  Eagle Creek Golf Course. They finished the tournament with a score of eight-over-par, 872.

Canes will be back home in full swing March 2 at the 2015 Hurricane Invitational held at the Biltmore Golf Course in Coral Gables.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

Frost School of Music’s faculty and staff members and students utilize their talents to help unify t

Rudy Fernandez, senior vice president for public affairs and communications at the University of Mia

Hope is an elusive concept, but it is a crucial feeling to hold on to at a time of crisis. During th

Members of the Muslim Students of the University of Miami celebrate the holy month while adhering to

A University of Miami faculty member offers tips on how to preserve healthy work-life practices as w