Sports briefs 2/12

FOOTBALL

Miami Hurricanes football underwent coaching changes this week with the departure of Wide Receivers Coach and National Recruiting Coordinator Brennan Carroll and the addition of Defensive Line Coach Randy Melvin.

Carroll will join his father, Pete Carroll, and staff as offensive assistant of the Seattle Seahawks. Carroll spent the four seasons with the Hurricanes with his first two seasons as the tight ends coach.

Melvin has 30 years of coaching experience with college, the Canadian Football League and the National Football League. He served as a defensive line coach for Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Florida International University, Temple, the Cleveland Browns and the New England Patriots – just to name a few.

GOLF

The women’s golf team placed seventh at the 2015 UCF Challenge Tuesday at  Eagle Creek Golf Course. They finished the tournament with a score of eight-over-par, 872.

Canes will be back home in full swing March 2 at the 2015 Hurricane Invitational held at the Biltmore Golf Course in Coral Gables.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

University of Miami students share their thoughts and impressions as President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris take the helm. ...

Following Wednesday’s historic event, University of Miami experts in various fields provide their insight on the biggest challenges facing the new administration. ...

As part of the “Roadmap to Our New Century” initiative, the University of Miami advances the art of teaching and the science of learning by partnering with students, alumni, and others to offer options throughout the entire adult learning life cycle. ...

University of Miami experts weigh the merit and consequences of amending or repealing the communications law that provides a legal shield for service providers from the words, images, and videos posted by their users. ...

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...