Spending V-Day solo

Valentine’s Day can seem like a trap for the single person, but it doesn’t have to isolate singles. Here are some ways to celebrate your solitude and share time with your loved ones.

Be Adventurous

Not being in a relationship doesn’t mean life is boring. This is the best time to get out and find an adventurous side. Grab a group of single friends and go to Blue Mountain Outdoor Center, which offers activities such as mountain biking, stand-up paddle-boarding and kayaking. It’s a beautiful way to spend time with friends in the great outdoors. 3400 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach, Fla. 33160.

If that’s not up to speed, try taking the adventure to SkyZone – an indoor trampoline park. Thrill-seekers will love bouncing, jumping and playing dodge ball with friends. Skip the butterflies in your tummy on a date, and go for the adrenaline rush. 5450 Northwest 82nd Ave., Miami, Fla. 33166.

Be Sappy

Indulge in the Valentine’s spirit with friends. Stop joking about having that movie marathon. Just do it. Although having a variety of genres will entertain a wider audience, it’s the perfect time to bust out all of the best romantic comedies. Richard Curtis, the screenwriter behind many of the best British rom-coms, is a safe choice with “About Time,” “Love Actually” and “Bridget Jones’s Diary.” Bust out the tissues and settle into some classic romantic movies: “Titanic,” “The Notebook” and “Roman Holiday.” These movies are sure to cause a few sniffles, but it’s okay – you’re with your friends and they’re not judging you.

Be a gal-pal

Take a page from the NBC’s hit comedy “Parks and Recreation” book and celebrate Galentine’s Day. Protagonist Leslie Knope knows it’s important to celebrate the fantastic women in life. (“Ovaries before brovaries,” right, ladies?) Though the characters celebrate the holiday on Feb. 13, feel free to celebrate Galentine’s Day on Feb. 14 with a hearty brunch at Greenstreet Cafe in the Grove. Trade Knope’s passion for waffles for a cinnamon roll pancake, and relax with a few gal pals. It’s a twist on a typical girl’s night out, which reinforces the strength of love between friends and makes everyone feel happy instead of alone. 3468 Main Highway, Coconut Grove, Fla. 33133.

Sirisha Gaddipati

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...