Campus Life, News

Study Abroad director reveals reality

With the new addition of the Plus One Scholarship, a program allowing students to pursue a tuition-free fifth year, more students may be able to fit study abroad during their first four years.

Devika Milner, director of study abroad, says that students sometimes do not apply because of prevailing myths, such as cost and the rigor of certain majors. According to Milner, however, these myths are not always the case, and students have more options than they may anticipate.

The deadline to apply for summer, fall and year-long study abroad programs is March 1. For more information, visit miami.edu/studyabroad or contact Milner at dmilner@miami.edu.

world infographic-03

Marlee Lisker

Sophie Barros

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...