Campus Life, News

Study Abroad director reveals reality

With the new addition of the Plus One Scholarship, a program allowing students to pursue a tuition-free fifth year, more students may be able to fit study abroad during their first four years.

Devika Milner, director of study abroad, says that students sometimes do not apply because of prevailing myths, such as cost and the rigor of certain majors. According to Milner, however, these myths are not always the case, and students have more options than they may anticipate.

The deadline to apply for summer, fall and year-long study abroad programs is March 1. For more information, visit miami.edu/studyabroad or contact Milner at dmilner@miami.edu.

world infographic-03

Marlee Lisker

Sophie Barros

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The 2019 Miami Hurricanes coaching staff is now in place and ready to rumble. Though the Hurricanes ...

The last time Tyree St. Louis played something other than tackle, by coincidence, was the last time ...

Manny Diaz might as well have been the head of the National Weather Service on Tuesday. At 7:27 p.m. ...

Even after landing Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, the Hurricanes aren’t done looking for quarterb ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

The Miami women's basketball team earned its first victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium with a 58- ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first dual match of the 2019 campaign Friday ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will open the 2019 dual season when it faces Stetson ...