Campus Life, News

Study Abroad director reveals reality

With the new addition of the Plus One Scholarship, a program allowing students to pursue a tuition-free fifth year, more students may be able to fit study abroad during their first four years.

Devika Milner, director of study abroad, says that students sometimes do not apply because of prevailing myths, such as cost and the rigor of certain majors. According to Milner, however, these myths are not always the case, and students have more options than they may anticipate.

The deadline to apply for summer, fall and year-long study abroad programs is March 1. For more information, visit miami.edu/studyabroad or contact Milner at dmilner@miami.edu.

world infographic-03

Marlee Lisker

Sophie Barros

The gallery celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a virtual event that paired works of art from it

Felicia Knaul, an international health economist and expert in health systems and social sectors, is

Stephen A. Schwarzman, co-founder of the investment firm Blackstone, shared insights on the economy

Rosenstiel School researcher Katharine Mach, who studies the response and adaptation to changing cli

As the battle to contain wildfires continues, so does the debate as to how much climate change is ex