Gallery, Photo

Gallery: Student leaders eat to compete at Israelfest

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Israelfest, held Wednesday at the Lakeside Patio, introduced students to Israeli culture. This is the second year of the annual event, which featured Israeli food and music, trivia, photo contests, and a table for students to have their name written in Hebrew. Students representing various organizations on campus participated in a Falafel Eating Contest. Representing Chabad, senior David Levin won. Joey Newfeld of Hillel placed second, and Jacob Rudolph of UPride came in third.

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...