Gallery, Photo

Gallery: Student leaders eat to compete at Israelfest

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Israelfest, held Wednesday at the Lakeside Patio, introduced students to Israeli culture. This is the second year of the annual event, which featured Israeli food and music, trivia, photo contests, and a table for students to have their name written in Hebrew. Students representing various organizations on campus participated in a Falafel Eating Contest. Representing Chabad, senior David Levin won. Joey Newfeld of Hillel placed second, and Jacob Rudolph of UPride came in third.

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

Seniors Emily Gossett, Millie Chokshi, and Jason Kaplan are eager to implement their platform throug ...

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big game ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

Head coach Manny Diaz and The New Miami will make their debut against an old rival, facing No. 8 Flo ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

Check out the latest issue of Hurricane Magazine, featuring stories on Canes football, basketball, s ...

UM women's soccer opened its 2019 campaign by blowing past UTRGV, 4-0. ...

The Hurricanes kick off their 2019 soccer campaign Thursday night against UTRGV. ...