Gallery, Photo

Gallery: Student leaders eat to compete at Israelfest

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Israelfest, held Wednesday at the Lakeside Patio, introduced students to Israeli culture. This is the second year of the annual event, which featured Israeli food and music, trivia, photo contests, and a table for students to have their name written in Hebrew. Students representing various organizations on campus participated in a Falafel Eating Contest. Representing Chabad, senior David Levin won. Joey Newfeld of Hillel placed second, and Jacob Rudolph of UPride came in third.

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...