News Briefs 2/2

IsraelFest

For the second annual IsraelFest, Emet Israel will be hosting a day at the Lakeside Patio to promote Israeli culture with free tank tops, Israeli food and a photo booth. Students are invited to cheer on participants in the falafel eating contest, enjoy free hookah and matkot sets, and see their name written in Hebrew. The event is free to students, staff and the community at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 4 on the Rock.

Omicron Delta Kappa Nominations

Omicron Delta Kappa will be receiving nominations to tap new members for the spring 2015 semester. Nominees may be undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, administration, alumni or Honoris Causa. Students must be in the top 35 percent of their class or school. Undergraduate students must have completed 50 credit hours and alumni must have graduated at least five years prior to nomination. Each nomination will be received based on the criteria for only one area of scholarship, athletics, social service, journalism or creative and performing arts. All nominations must be confidential and completed on tinyurl.com/ODKNominations. Forms must be submitted by 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 2. For more information contact odk.umiami@gmail.com.

Alina Zerpa may be emailed at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com.

Correction: IsraelFest is being held at the Lakeside Patio, not the UC Rock.

Alina Zerpa

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...