News Briefs 2/2

IsraelFest

For the second annual IsraelFest, Emet Israel will be hosting a day at the Lakeside Patio to promote Israeli culture with free tank tops, Israeli food and a photo booth. Students are invited to cheer on participants in the falafel eating contest, enjoy free hookah and matkot sets, and see their name written in Hebrew. The event is free to students, staff and the community at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 4 on the Rock.

Omicron Delta Kappa Nominations

Omicron Delta Kappa will be receiving nominations to tap new members for the spring 2015 semester. Nominees may be undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, administration, alumni or Honoris Causa. Students must be in the top 35 percent of their class or school. Undergraduate students must have completed 50 credit hours and alumni must have graduated at least five years prior to nomination. Each nomination will be received based on the criteria for only one area of scholarship, athletics, social service, journalism or creative and performing arts. All nominations must be confidential and completed on tinyurl.com/ODKNominations. Forms must be submitted by 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 2. For more information contact odk.umiami@gmail.com.

Alina Zerpa may be emailed at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com.

Correction: IsraelFest is being held at the Lakeside Patio, not the UC Rock.

Alina Zerpa

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...