News Briefs 2/2

IsraelFest

For the second annual IsraelFest, Emet Israel will be hosting a day at the Lakeside Patio to promote Israeli culture with free tank tops, Israeli food and a photo booth. Students are invited to cheer on participants in the falafel eating contest, enjoy free hookah and matkot sets, and see their name written in Hebrew. The event is free to students, staff and the community at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 4 on the Rock.

Omicron Delta Kappa Nominations

Omicron Delta Kappa will be receiving nominations to tap new members for the spring 2015 semester. Nominees may be undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, administration, alumni or Honoris Causa. Students must be in the top 35 percent of their class or school. Undergraduate students must have completed 50 credit hours and alumni must have graduated at least five years prior to nomination. Each nomination will be received based on the criteria for only one area of scholarship, athletics, social service, journalism or creative and performing arts. All nominations must be confidential and completed on tinyurl.com/ODKNominations. Forms must be submitted by 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 2. For more information contact odk.umiami@gmail.com.

Alina Zerpa may be emailed at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com.

Correction: IsraelFest is being held at the Lakeside Patio, not the UC Rock.

Alina Zerpa

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...