News Briefs 2/2

IsraelFest

For the second annual IsraelFest, Emet Israel will be hosting a day at the Lakeside Patio to promote Israeli culture with free tank tops, Israeli food and a photo booth. Students are invited to cheer on participants in the falafel eating contest, enjoy free hookah and matkot sets, and see their name written in Hebrew. The event is free to students, staff and the community at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 4 on the Rock.

Omicron Delta Kappa Nominations

Omicron Delta Kappa will be receiving nominations to tap new members for the spring 2015 semester. Nominees may be undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, administration, alumni or Honoris Causa. Students must be in the top 35 percent of their class or school. Undergraduate students must have completed 50 credit hours and alumni must have graduated at least five years prior to nomination. Each nomination will be received based on the criteria for only one area of scholarship, athletics, social service, journalism or creative and performing arts. All nominations must be confidential and completed on tinyurl.com/ODKNominations. Forms must be submitted by 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 2. For more information contact odk.umiami@gmail.com.

Alina Zerpa may be emailed at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com.

Correction: IsraelFest is being held at the Lakeside Patio, not the UC Rock.

Alina Zerpa

The word “swag” was mentioned multiple times Tuesday at the inaugural Miami Hurricanes spring practi ...

How did Tate Martell’s Phoenix-based attorney, Travis Leach, convince the NCAA to permit Martell to ...

After a quick courtship, Daran Branch is the newest member of the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020. A ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ high-profile quarterback competition just got super spicy. Tate Martell, the 2 ...

Lots of Hurricanes nuggets on the first day of spring practice: ▪ The UM offense officially entered ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

Three School of Architecture students recount their first day in Switzerland, and some of the archit ...

In the aftermath of the powerful tornado that devastated a rural Alabama community, a UM storm exper ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that the National Collegiate Athletic Ass ...

Hear from the Hurricanes as they opened up day one of spring football inside the IPF. ...

The Miami women's basketball team received a No. 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host th ...

Miami rises 13 spots to No. 23 nationally. ...

Going a perfect 5-0 in doubles action, freshmen Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias collected Miami ...