Edge, Fashion

Fashion crimes committed on campus

The University of Miami is known for its incredible fashion and the daily trends students create. Unfortunately, some students miss the mark and show the worst part of their closets in class, giving professors and peers an opportunity to take notes on what-not-to-do.

Print

Illustration by Emma Deardorff // Staff Designer

Pajamas

You woke up five minutes before that 8 a.m. class, rolled out of bed and proved that zombies aren’t just in “The Walking Dead” – we get it. However, we can smell your morning breath and see the holes in that big T-shirt – and your bed head is kind of distracting. Prepare jeans and a UM shirt the night before. It might be early, but you never know who you’re going to pass by in the morning.

Underbutt

When you’re at the Dooley Memorial Building and people can see the bottom of your butt cheeks from Richter Library, there’s a problem. As cute as the shorts might be, no one needs to see your underbutt – especially your professor. Plus, do you really want your bare butt sitting where so many others have?

UF and FSU shirts

Maybe these students are confused about where they are. Is the orange and green plastered all over campus not enough of a sign that this is not Gator or Seminole nation? This should be a no-brainer. For those wandering around wearing the wrong colored shirts, please escort yourself out of Cane Nation.

Muscle tees

Even if you have a chiseled body or you want to show off that new colored bra you bought, this is not the time. Tailgate season is sadly over. Shirts that barely cover anything belong at the gym or the beach, not in a classroom. Yes, it’s hot in Miami, but there are other times and places to show off what you’ve got to offer.

Alina Zerpa

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...