Edge, Fashion

Fashion crimes committed on campus

The University of Miami is known for its incredible fashion and the daily trends students create. Unfortunately, some students miss the mark and show the worst part of their closets in class, giving professors and peers an opportunity to take notes on what-not-to-do.

Print

Illustration by Emma Deardorff // Staff Designer

Pajamas

You woke up five minutes before that 8 a.m. class, rolled out of bed and proved that zombies aren’t just in “The Walking Dead” – we get it. However, we can smell your morning breath and see the holes in that big T-shirt – and your bed head is kind of distracting. Prepare jeans and a UM shirt the night before. It might be early, but you never know who you’re going to pass by in the morning.

Underbutt

When you’re at the Dooley Memorial Building and people can see the bottom of your butt cheeks from Richter Library, there’s a problem. As cute as the shorts might be, no one needs to see your underbutt – especially your professor. Plus, do you really want your bare butt sitting where so many others have?

UF and FSU shirts

Maybe these students are confused about where they are. Is the orange and green plastered all over campus not enough of a sign that this is not Gator or Seminole nation? This should be a no-brainer. For those wandering around wearing the wrong colored shirts, please escort yourself out of Cane Nation.

Muscle tees

Even if you have a chiseled body or you want to show off that new colored bra you bought, this is not the time. Tailgate season is sadly over. Shirts that barely cover anything belong at the gym or the beach, not in a classroom. Yes, it’s hot in Miami, but there are other times and places to show off what you’ve got to offer.

Alina Zerpa

The Miami Hurricanes have had almost a week to regroup after a road loss at Boston College, and they ...

Sam Brooks stood on the field at Orlando’s Camping World Stadium, tears welling up in his eyes, and ...

The Miami Hurricanes had just stunned second-ranked Louisville on the road last Sunday, in front of ...

Willie Moise was willing to give the Miami Hurricanes the benefit of the doubt when Manny Diaz left ...

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

Without their foresight and love of homeland, the collection—the largest repository of Cuban documen ...

In the wake of Justice Thomas’s jaw-dropping statement, UM media law experts weigh in on the landmar ...

Which film will win Best Picture? Who will be Best Actor? We asked the experts. ...

Political unrest has swept through Haiti recently, spurred on by escalating prices and alleged polit ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Michael Amditis hit his first career home run to lead the Canes past the Gators. ...

Three Miami track and field athletes made their way to the podium on Day 2 of the ACC Indoor Champio ...

In Friday's ACC opener, the No. 35 University of Miami men's tennis team topped Georgia Te ...

Game time is 2 p.m. in Coral Gables. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set for its second in-state, top-25 showdown of the ...