Edge Briefs 2/2

Miami Beach Celebrates Anniversary

For its centennial celebration, Orchestra Miami will hold a free traditional “pops” style concert for the City of Miami Beach. As one of South Florida’s leading symphonic musical ensembles, the music will highlight Miami Beach’s history. Presented by the LeRoy Schecter Foundation, the family-friendly event will be ideal for picnics with open grass seating. The free concert will take place at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 8 in Collins Park, adjacent to the Bass Museum on Collins Avenue

Tallahassee duo comes to Miami

Blues duo, Belmont and Jones, will be coming to North Miami for a show at the Luna Star Cafe. To display different kinds of blues, the duo plays music back to the beginning when Ma Rainey, Memphis Minnie and Kansas Joe McCoy were making records. Together, they reconnect original blues with the mainstream of American music. As part of their East Coast tour, the pair will be performing at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 7 at Luna Star Cafe, located at 775 Northeast 125th St., North Miami, Fl. 33161.

LoweDown Happy Hour

The Lowe Art Museum invites students over 21 to join the LoweDown Happy Hour, designed to enhance visitors’ appreciation and understanding of the visual arts through thematically-driven programming. Snacks and wine will be available free for members, students and staff, and $10 for non-members. The event will take place from 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 5.

Alina Zerpa

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...