Edge Briefs 2/2

Miami Beach Celebrates Anniversary

For its centennial celebration, Orchestra Miami will hold a free traditional “pops” style concert for the City of Miami Beach. As one of South Florida’s leading symphonic musical ensembles, the music will highlight Miami Beach’s history. Presented by the LeRoy Schecter Foundation, the family-friendly event will be ideal for picnics with open grass seating. The free concert will take place at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 8 in Collins Park, adjacent to the Bass Museum on Collins Avenue

Tallahassee duo comes to Miami

Blues duo, Belmont and Jones, will be coming to North Miami for a show at the Luna Star Cafe. To display different kinds of blues, the duo plays music back to the beginning when Ma Rainey, Memphis Minnie and Kansas Joe McCoy were making records. Together, they reconnect original blues with the mainstream of American music. As part of their East Coast tour, the pair will be performing at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 7 at Luna Star Cafe, located at 775 Northeast 125th St., North Miami, Fl. 33161.

LoweDown Happy Hour

The Lowe Art Museum invites students over 21 to join the LoweDown Happy Hour, designed to enhance visitors’ appreciation and understanding of the visual arts through thematically-driven programming. Snacks and wine will be available free for members, students and staff, and $10 for non-members. The event will take place from 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 5.

Alina Zerpa

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...