Edge Briefs 2/2

Miami Beach Celebrates Anniversary

For its centennial celebration, Orchestra Miami will hold a free traditional “pops” style concert for the City of Miami Beach. As one of South Florida’s leading symphonic musical ensembles, the music will highlight Miami Beach’s history. Presented by the LeRoy Schecter Foundation, the family-friendly event will be ideal for picnics with open grass seating. The free concert will take place at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 8 in Collins Park, adjacent to the Bass Museum on Collins Avenue

Tallahassee duo comes to Miami

Blues duo, Belmont and Jones, will be coming to North Miami for a show at the Luna Star Cafe. To display different kinds of blues, the duo plays music back to the beginning when Ma Rainey, Memphis Minnie and Kansas Joe McCoy were making records. Together, they reconnect original blues with the mainstream of American music. As part of their East Coast tour, the pair will be performing at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 7 at Luna Star Cafe, located at 775 Northeast 125th St., North Miami, Fl. 33161.

LoweDown Happy Hour

The Lowe Art Museum invites students over 21 to join the LoweDown Happy Hour, designed to enhance visitors’ appreciation and understanding of the visual arts through thematically-driven programming. Snacks and wine will be available free for members, students and staff, and $10 for non-members. The event will take place from 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 5.

Alina Zerpa

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team recorded its second win of the day Saturday evening at the ...

Chris Lykes scored 20 points, but the Canes come up just short against No. 13 UNC. ...

In the first of its two matches Saturday at the FGCU Tennis Complex, the No. 17 Miami women's t ...