Football, Sports

Miami ACC football schedule released

ACC scheduleWith spring practice approaching, the Miami Hurricanes now have a clear picture of what lies ahead in the 2015 campaign.

Miami will have intriguing home dates with Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Clemson, and Orange Bowl Champions Georgia Tech this season. The rivalry game with FSU will be in Tallahassee on Oct. 10.

The Hurricanes will open the season on Sept. 5 against Bethune-Cookman, before driving up to Boca Raton the following week for a contest with FAU.

Miami will also head north to Cincinnati for the back end of a home and home series – Miami handily defeated the Bearcats this past season.

Miami’s full schedule, along with the entire ACC slate, can be found here.

AJ Ricketts

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...