Whether you’re in favor of Team Seahawks, Team Patriots, or Team Commercials, no Super Bowl party is complete without enough snacks to fill a stadium. These quick and easy recipes are sure to score points with all kinds of football fans.
A layer for every point!
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced olives
- Mix together taco seasoning and refried beans.
- Assemble the dip:
- Layer 1: beans
- Layer 2: sour cream
- Layer 3: guacamole
- Layer 4: corn
- Layer 5: salsa
- Layer 6: onions
- Layer 7: cheese and olives
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Buffalo Ranch Popcorn
A guaranteed boneless snack for “when wings just aren’t enough.” Recipe from Taste of Home.com.
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Mix together buffalo sauce, butter, ranch and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over popcorn and toss until coated.
Cheesy Pigskins in a Blanket
Fuel your bacon obsession. Recipe from Tablespoon.com.
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 16 cocktail franks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the crescent rolls from the tube and separate them, dividing each triangle in half (16 total).
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheddar on each piece.
- Wrap each cocktail frank in half a piece of bacon, and place on each piece.
- Stretch the sides of the crescent around the frank and roll, sealing the edges.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Pepperoni Pizza Poppers
You won’t want to hand-off the plate when these are passed around. Recipe from OrWhateverYouDo.com.
- 2 tubes biscuit dough
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 20-30 pepperoni slices
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Slightly flatten biscuit discs and evenly divide the toppings between them.
- Wrap dough around toppings and pinch the seam shut.
- Place seam down into a prepped baking dish. Bake according to package directions.
Commercial Cookie Dough Dip
Everyone knows it’s the best part. Recipe from SomethingSwanky.com.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut putter
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups M&Ms (or toppings of your choice)
- Mix together cream cheese, butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the powdered sugar and flour until well-combined.
- Whisk in the brown sugar, flour and vanilla.
- Stir in M&Ms (or other toppings).
- Serve with pretzels, graham crackers, cookies, or just eat it straight out of the bowl!
IF YOU GO:
What: Super Bowl Watch Party
When: 6 p.m. Feb. 1
For students looking for a place to watch the big game, the Rathskeller will be hosting a watch party. The first 50 students who arrive will receive free wings.