Athletics, Sports, Swimming/Diving

Sports Briefs 1/29

Swimming & Diving

The Canes return to the pool on Saturday for a Senior Day showdown with FIU at the Whitten University Center Pool. Admission is free. The meet is slated to start at 12 p.m.

This will be the final meet for six Hurricane student-athletes: Amy Wiley, Cheyenne Cousineau, Heather Arseth, Sam Dorman, Meghan Murphy and Thea Vock.

The meet will also be the final warm-up for the Canes before the 2015 ACC Swimming & Diving Championships on Feb. 18-21 in Atlanta, Ga.

Super Bowl

Watch the Seattle Seahawks take on the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX at the Rathskeller watch party Sunday at 6 p.m. The event is hosted by Hurricane Productions in collaboration with the Rathskeller Advisory Board.

Free wings will be provided to the first 50 customers.

Share photos using “#AtTheRat” on Twitter and Instagram.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...