Athletics, Sports, Swimming/Diving

Sports Briefs 1/29

Swimming & Diving

The Canes return to the pool on Saturday for a Senior Day showdown with FIU at the Whitten University Center Pool. Admission is free. The meet is slated to start at 12 p.m.

This will be the final meet for six Hurricane student-athletes: Amy Wiley, Cheyenne Cousineau, Heather Arseth, Sam Dorman, Meghan Murphy and Thea Vock.

The meet will also be the final warm-up for the Canes before the 2015 ACC Swimming & Diving Championships on Feb. 18-21 in Atlanta, Ga.

Super Bowl

Watch the Seattle Seahawks take on the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX at the Rathskeller watch party Sunday at 6 p.m. The event is hosted by Hurricane Productions in collaboration with the Rathskeller Advisory Board.

Free wings will be provided to the first 50 customers.

Share photos using “#AtTheRat” on Twitter and Instagram.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

The gallery celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a virtual event that paired works of art from it

Felicia Knaul, an international health economist and expert in health systems and social sectors, is

Stephen A. Schwarzman, co-founder of the investment firm Blackstone, shared insights on the economy

Rosenstiel School researcher Katharine Mach, who studies the response and adaptation to changing cli

As the battle to contain wildfires continues, so does the debate as to how much climate change is ex