Edge, Fashion

Celebrate Super Bowl in style

Illustration  by Emma Deardorff

Illustration by Emma Deardorff

Football fans know what is happening on Feb. 1.: the game of all games, fueled by burgers and passionate support for the Seattle Seahawks or the New England Patriots. That’s right, it’s Super Bowl time! The 49th bowl – or as it is formidably called, Super Bowl XLIX – will kick off at 6:30 p.m Sunday, and you’d better be ready.

Amidst the chicken wings and standing ovations, there are clothes involved. Don’t know what to wear to your Super Bowl watch party? The Hurricane has you covered. Whether you are a die-hard Pats fan or simply a hot dog enthusiast, make the most of Super Bowl Sunday and dress the part.

If you have waited for this game since New Year’s Eve, you will most likely be donning a jersey with the namesake of your favorite player. Change up the same old routine by borrowing a friend’s oversized jersey and wearing it as a minidress with high-top sneakers. Pro tip: Wear some shorts made from soft fabric underneath for ultimate comfort.

For the jersey-less ladies, get ready for some grub. Pair a top in the color of your team paired with some ripped boyfriend jeans and slip-ons. Reaching for the pretzels in between screaming friends is never an easy task, so roomy pants will allow for more wiggle room.

As much as football is America’s favorite sport, some people just don’t get it. If you find yourself shamelessly in this boat (who cares about deflated footballs?), play it safe by wearing team-neutral colors. Both the Seahawks and the Patriots wear tones of silver and navy blue. A breezy denim button-down and black shorts is a simple way to stay out of controversy.

Isabella Cueto

Isabella Cueto can be reached via email at editor@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @isabellacueto

Perhaps no one but Kellen Winslow II knows for sure when his deep dive began from beloved University ...

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team posted a 6-2, 6-0 victory against No. 5 ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...