Basketball, Sports

Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball back in AP Top 25

After an impressive week in which Miami defeated NC State at home and Syracuse on the road, the Miami men are back in the AP Top 25, coming in at No. 23.

The Hurricanes were previously in the polls earlier in this season, reaching as high as No. 15 before a string of three losses in four games through December and early in January.

According to the Associated Press, Miami has become the only team to ever defeat Duke and Syracuse on the road in the same season. The Canes also boast wins over No. 7 Florida, No. 24 Illinois and No. 4 Duke, with near-wins against No. 3 Virginia and No. 12 Notre Dame.

Miami will host Georgia Tech this Wednesday; the Yellow Jackets are 0-7 in the ACC.

AJ Ricketts

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Jeff Thomas will be joining the Illinois Fighting Illini after all. After a few days of discussion a ...

Grantees aim to eliminate opportunity gaps and biases in different realms and improve brain injury t ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

For more than 77 years, UM Hillel has provided a vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” that is f ...

University of Miami experts weigh in on the largest increase in carbon emissions in eight years. ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...