Basketball, Sports

Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball back in AP Top 25

After an impressive week in which Miami defeated NC State at home and Syracuse on the road, the Miami men are back in the AP Top 25, coming in at No. 23.

The Hurricanes were previously in the polls earlier in this season, reaching as high as No. 15 before a string of three losses in four games through December and early in January.

According to the Associated Press, Miami has become the only team to ever defeat Duke and Syracuse on the road in the same season. The Canes also boast wins over No. 7 Florida, No. 24 Illinois and No. 4 Duke, with near-wins against No. 3 Virginia and No. 12 Notre Dame.

Miami will host Georgia Tech this Wednesday; the Yellow Jackets are 0-7 in the ACC.

AJ Ricketts

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...