Blogs, Campus Life, UBuzz

5 things to look forward to from The Miami Hurricane this spring

coming this spring-01The winter break may be over, but at least The Miami Hurricane can make your busy schedules a little easier. Can’t pick up our print issue? We’ve got you covered.

Visit themiamihurricane.com and subscribe to email newsletters for the latest news from our ibis-covered pathways to the greater Miami community.

Here is a preview of what we have in store for this semester:

5. President Donna E. Shalala graduates

Shalala announced that she will step down at the end of this semester. In April, be sure to grab a copy of The Hurricane’s special edition commemorative issue.

4. The Presidential Search Committee

The search committee began last semester in tandem with Shalala’s announcement. Follow us on Twitter @MiamiHurricane for all updates regarding Shalala’s successor.

3. Ultra Music Festival

Every spring, Hurricane reporters and photographers storm the Ultra scene and keep students in the loop with live tweets, photo slideshows, and DJ interviews. This year, we’ll be making sure our Ultra coverage is bigger and better than ever.

2. Clinton Global Initiative University

The Clintons love the University of Miami, and CGIU will be held on our campus March 7 to 9. If you don’t plan to delay Spring Break by a couple of days, The Miami Hurricane has got you covered. Look out for our online coverage.

1. Pretty in Print

Our first print issue will be out Thursday, Jan. 22 right after the long weekend. It’s a while, but it’ll be worth it. We promise.

Above all, this is the university community’s news source. If there’s something we’re not covering, let us know.

We want to hear from you: Send us a message here or drop by the newsroom on the 2nd floor of the Student Activities Center (SAC 200).

What are you most looking forward to this semester?

• Finding out who'll be Shalala's successor (65%, 13 Votes)
  • Spring Break (25%, 5 Votes)
  • The Miami Hurricane's first print issue (10%, 2 Votes)
  • Clinton Global Initiative University (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Ultra (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 20

Polls Archive

Loading ... Loading ...

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team recorded its second win of the day Saturday evening at the ...

Chris Lykes scored 20 points, but the Canes come up just short against No. 13 UNC. ...

In the first of its two matches Saturday at the FGCU Tennis Complex, the No. 17 Miami women's t ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...