Blogs, Campus Life, UBuzz

5 things to look forward to from The Miami Hurricane this spring

coming this spring-01The winter break may be over, but at least The Miami Hurricane can make your busy schedules a little easier. Can’t pick up our print issue? We’ve got you covered.

Visit themiamihurricane.com and subscribe to email newsletters for the latest news from our ibis-covered pathways to the greater Miami community.

Here is a preview of what we have in store for this semester:

5. President Donna E. Shalala graduates

Shalala announced that she will step down at the end of this semester. In April, be sure to grab a copy of The Hurricane’s special edition commemorative issue.

4. The Presidential Search Committee

The search committee began last semester in tandem with Shalala’s announcement. Follow us on Twitter @MiamiHurricane for all updates regarding Shalala’s successor.

3. Ultra Music Festival

Every spring, Hurricane reporters and photographers storm the Ultra scene and keep students in the loop with live tweets, photo slideshows, and DJ interviews. This year, we’ll be making sure our Ultra coverage is bigger and better than ever.

2. Clinton Global Initiative University

The Clintons love the University of Miami, and CGIU will be held on our campus March 7 to 9. If you don’t plan to delay Spring Break by a couple of days, The Miami Hurricane has got you covered. Look out for our online coverage.

1. Pretty in Print

Our first print issue will be out Thursday, Jan. 22 right after the long weekend. It’s a while, but it’ll be worth it. We promise.

Above all, this is the university community’s news source. If there’s something we’re not covering, let us know.

We want to hear from you: Send us a message here or drop by the newsroom on the 2nd floor of the Student Activities Center (SAC 200).

What are you most looking forward to this semester?

• Finding out who'll be Shalala's successor (65%, 13 Votes)
  • Spring Break (25%, 5 Votes)
  • The Miami Hurricane's first print issue (10%, 2 Votes)
  • Clinton Global Initiative University (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Ultra (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 20

Polls Archive

Loading ... Loading ...

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...