Blogs, Campus Life, UBuzz

5 things to look forward to from The Miami Hurricane this spring

coming this spring-01The winter break may be over, but at least The Miami Hurricane can make your busy schedules a little easier. Can’t pick up our print issue? We’ve got you covered.

Visit themiamihurricane.com and subscribe to email newsletters for the latest news from our ibis-covered pathways to the greater Miami community.

Here is a preview of what we have in store for this semester:

5. President Donna E. Shalala graduates

Shalala announced that she will step down at the end of this semester. In April, be sure to grab a copy of The Hurricane’s special edition commemorative issue.

4. The Presidential Search Committee

The search committee began last semester in tandem with Shalala’s announcement. Follow us on Twitter @MiamiHurricane for all updates regarding Shalala’s successor.

3. Ultra Music Festival

Every spring, Hurricane reporters and photographers storm the Ultra scene and keep students in the loop with live tweets, photo slideshows, and DJ interviews. This year, we’ll be making sure our Ultra coverage is bigger and better than ever.

2. Clinton Global Initiative University

The Clintons love the University of Miami, and CGIU will be held on our campus March 7 to 9. If you don’t plan to delay Spring Break by a couple of days, The Miami Hurricane has got you covered. Look out for our online coverage.

1. Pretty in Print

Our first print issue will be out Thursday, Jan. 22 right after the long weekend. It’s a while, but it’ll be worth it. We promise.

Above all, this is the university community’s news source. If there’s something we’re not covering, let us know.

We want to hear from you: Send us a message here or drop by the newsroom on the 2nd floor of the Student Activities Center (SAC 200).

What are you most looking forward to this semester?

• Finding out who'll be Shalala's successor (65%, 13 Votes)
  • Spring Break (25%, 5 Votes)
  • The Miami Hurricane's first print issue (10%, 2 Votes)
  • Clinton Global Initiative University (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Ultra (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 20

Polls Archive

Loading ... Loading ...

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...