Blogs, Campus Life, UBuzz

5 things to look forward to from The Miami Hurricane this spring

coming this spring-01The winter break may be over, but at least The Miami Hurricane can make your busy schedules a little easier. Can’t pick up our print issue? We’ve got you covered.

Visit themiamihurricane.com and subscribe to email newsletters for the latest news from our ibis-covered pathways to the greater Miami community.

Here is a preview of what we have in store for this semester:

5. President Donna E. Shalala graduates

Shalala announced that she will step down at the end of this semester. In April, be sure to grab a copy of The Hurricane’s special edition commemorative issue.

4. The Presidential Search Committee

The search committee began last semester in tandem with Shalala’s announcement. Follow us on Twitter @MiamiHurricane for all updates regarding Shalala’s successor.

3. Ultra Music Festival

Every spring, Hurricane reporters and photographers storm the Ultra scene and keep students in the loop with live tweets, photo slideshows, and DJ interviews. This year, we’ll be making sure our Ultra coverage is bigger and better than ever.

2. Clinton Global Initiative University

The Clintons love the University of Miami, and CGIU will be held on our campus March 7 to 9. If you don’t plan to delay Spring Break by a couple of days, The Miami Hurricane has got you covered. Look out for our online coverage.

1. Pretty in Print

Our first print issue will be out Thursday, Jan. 22 right after the long weekend. It’s a while, but it’ll be worth it. We promise.

Above all, this is the university community’s news source. If there’s something we’re not covering, let us know.

We want to hear from you: Send us a message here or drop by the newsroom on the 2nd floor of the Student Activities Center (SAC 200).

What are you most looking forward to this semester?

• Finding out who'll be Shalala's successor (65%, 13 Votes)
  • Spring Break (25%, 5 Votes)
  • The Miami Hurricane's first print issue (10%, 2 Votes)
  • Clinton Global Initiative University (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Ultra (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 20

Polls Archive

Loading ... Loading ...

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...