Edge, Food

Sweeten the holiday with Candy Canes Fudge

Candy Cane Fudge  Madelyn Paquette // Contributing Photographer

Candy Cane Fudge
Madelyn Paquette // Contributing Photographer

The holiday season is upon us, and it’s the most wonderful time of the year for stuffing your face with seasonal sweets. If you’re looking for a treat and have a microwave, you can whip up a festive potluck dessert or a decadent gift that will impress anyone on your list.

Candy ‘Canes Fudge

Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction

Ingredients:

3 cups white chocolate chips

1 ¾ cups of sweetened condensed milk

¼ cup heavy cream

½ teaspoon peppermint extract

10 crushed candy canes (plus extra for decoration)

1 large bar of dark chocolate

Directions:

Mix together the white chocolate chips, condensed milk and heavy cream in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.

Stir in peppermint extract and candy canes. Pour the mixture into an 8×8 pan.

Break up the dark chocolate bar into small pieces, and, using a knife, swirl them into the fudge. Decorate with additional candy canes, if desired.

Chill for at least three hours before cutting.

Madelyn Paquette

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...