Culture, Food

Sweeten the holiday with Candy Canes Fudge

Candy Cane Fudge  Madelyn Paquette // Contributing Photographer

Candy Cane Fudge
Madelyn Paquette // Contributing Photographer

The holiday season is upon us, and it’s the most wonderful time of the year for stuffing your face with seasonal sweets. If you’re looking for a treat and have a microwave, you can whip up a festive potluck dessert or a decadent gift that will impress anyone on your list.

Candy ‘Canes Fudge

Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction

Ingredients:

3 cups white chocolate chips

1 ¾ cups of sweetened condensed milk

¼ cup heavy cream

½ teaspoon peppermint extract

10 crushed candy canes (plus extra for decoration)

1 large bar of dark chocolate

Directions:

Mix together the white chocolate chips, condensed milk and heavy cream in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.

Stir in peppermint extract and candy canes. Pour the mixture into an 8×8 pan.

Break up the dark chocolate bar into small pieces, and, using a knife, swirl them into the fudge. Decorate with additional candy canes, if desired.

Chill for at least three hours before cutting.

Madelyn Paquette

Universities are banding together to oppose a new immigration policy that could adversely impact int

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of