Edge, Food

Sweeten the holiday with Candy Canes Fudge

Candy Cane Fudge  Madelyn Paquette // Contributing Photographer

Candy Cane Fudge
Madelyn Paquette // Contributing Photographer

The holiday season is upon us, and it’s the most wonderful time of the year for stuffing your face with seasonal sweets. If you’re looking for a treat and have a microwave, you can whip up a festive potluck dessert or a decadent gift that will impress anyone on your list.

Candy ‘Canes Fudge

Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction

Ingredients:

3 cups white chocolate chips

1 ¾ cups of sweetened condensed milk

¼ cup heavy cream

½ teaspoon peppermint extract

10 crushed candy canes (plus extra for decoration)

1 large bar of dark chocolate

Directions:

Mix together the white chocolate chips, condensed milk and heavy cream in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.

Stir in peppermint extract and candy canes. Pour the mixture into an 8×8 pan.

Break up the dark chocolate bar into small pieces, and, using a knife, swirl them into the fudge. Decorate with additional candy canes, if desired.

Chill for at least three hours before cutting.

Madelyn Paquette

Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic has been through more trauma in the ...

The words “Sweet 16” may never have been uttered as the Miami Hurricanes were laying out their prese ...

The mid-major monster nearly mauled the Miami Hurricanes again. But Miami bit back. Miami’s past thr ...

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like the way college football is trending when it comes to transfer ...

Oklahoma has its Oklahoma Drills. But the fired-up U has its own version of major college football p ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team will play fifth-seeded Arizona State in a top-2 ...

The Hurricanes made a ninth inning rally, but came up just short to No. 5 NC State, 7-6. ...

Kevin Arreaga of the University of Miami track and field team won the men's hammer throw on Sat ...

The Hurricanes received two key signatures from transfers in December's early signing period. ...

The Hurricanes travel to Chapel Hill, N.C., to battle the 11th-ranked Tar Heels. ...