Edge, Food

Sweeten the holiday with Candy Canes Fudge

Candy Cane Fudge  Madelyn Paquette // Contributing Photographer

Candy Cane Fudge
Madelyn Paquette // Contributing Photographer

The holiday season is upon us, and it’s the most wonderful time of the year for stuffing your face with seasonal sweets. If you’re looking for a treat and have a microwave, you can whip up a festive potluck dessert or a decadent gift that will impress anyone on your list.

Candy ‘Canes Fudge

Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction

Ingredients:

3 cups white chocolate chips

1 ¾ cups of sweetened condensed milk

¼ cup heavy cream

½ teaspoon peppermint extract

10 crushed candy canes (plus extra for decoration)

1 large bar of dark chocolate

Directions:

Mix together the white chocolate chips, condensed milk and heavy cream in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.

Stir in peppermint extract and candy canes. Pour the mixture into an 8×8 pan.

Break up the dark chocolate bar into small pieces, and, using a knife, swirl them into the fudge. Decorate with additional candy canes, if desired.

Chill for at least three hours before cutting.

Madelyn Paquette

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...