Football, Sports

Sports Briefs 12/8

Football

The Hurricanes Football team was selected for the Duck Commander Independence Bowl announced Sunday. Miami will face South Carolina at 3:30 p.m. Dec. 27 in Shreveport, Louisiana. The Independence Bowl has been played for 38 years. Both the Canes and the Gamecocks finished the season 6-6, making them bowl eligible. The game will be broadcast on ABC.

For more on the Independence Bowl and the new college football playoffs, read Alex Green’s story: Bowl games to implement system with qualified candidiates.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic has been through more trauma in the ...

The words “Sweet 16” may never have been uttered as the Miami Hurricanes were laying out their prese ...

The mid-major monster nearly mauled the Miami Hurricanes again. But Miami bit back. Miami’s past thr ...

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like the way college football is trending when it comes to transfer ...

Oklahoma has its Oklahoma Drills. But the fired-up U has its own version of major college football p ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team will play fifth-seeded Arizona State in a top-2 ...

The Hurricanes made a ninth inning rally, but came up just short to No. 5 NC State, 7-6. ...

Kevin Arreaga of the University of Miami track and field team won the men's hammer throw on Sat ...

The Hurricanes received two key signatures from transfers in December's early signing period. ...

The Hurricanes travel to Chapel Hill, N.C., to battle the 11th-ranked Tar Heels. ...