Edge, Theater

2014 alumna to take the stage in ‘Peter Pan Live!’

Photo Courtesy miami.edu

Photo Courtesy miami.edu

Canes have an extra reason to tune in to Peter Pan Live!, airing 8 p.m. on NBC on Dec. 4. Alanna Saunders, a 2014 graduate of the UM College of Arts & Sciences Department of Theatre Arts, will be playing the role of Tiger Lily – Peter Pan’s loyal friend and the daughter of Neverland’s Native Chief.

“Everything about this opportunity is amazing,” Saunders said. “I get to work alongside incredible and incredibly talented people and idols. It’s going to be a live performance on NBC, I was chosen to be a principal in this amazing production, and the opportunities that this will create are only the beginning! All of that while doing what I love? There’s absolutely nothing better.”

While at the university, Saunders played major roles in “Metamorphoses” (Myrrha) and  “Floyd Collins” (Nellie Collins). This summer she also performed in “Gypsy” (June) and “A Chorus Line” (Diana Morales) with the Connecticut Repertory Theatre.

Read more from the College of Arts and Sciences News.

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

The 2019-20 college basketball season is more than six months away, but the University of Miami Hurr ...

The University of Miami spring game Saturday will be here before you know it, and right about now, c ...

With about a third of the regular season left, the Miami Hurricanes baseball team is on the rise and ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The University of Miami celebrates Earth Day with a host of activities at or near the Lakeside Patio ...

The nation’s oldest and most-widely known academic honor society inducted 45 students from the Colle ...

For the second installment of its “What Matters to U” lecture series, Student Government invited act ...

There is at least one member of House Hurricane in the Seven Kingdoms: alumnus David Nutter, who sha ...

Because of expected inclement weather, Thursday's game time has been moved up one hour to 5 p.m ...

Michelle Atherley earned the University of Miami track and field program's fourth ACC outdoor h ...

Canes' recruiting class now stands 25th in 247Sports Composite Ranking. ...

Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the signing of Moulayna Joh ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Championship action Thu ...