Culture, Theater

2014 alumna to take the stage in ‘Peter Pan Live!’

Photo Courtesy miami.edu

Photo Courtesy miami.edu

Canes have an extra reason to tune in to Peter Pan Live!, airing 8 p.m. on NBC on Dec. 4. Alanna Saunders, a 2014 graduate of the UM College of Arts & Sciences Department of Theatre Arts, will be playing the role of Tiger Lily – Peter Pan’s loyal friend and the daughter of Neverland’s Native Chief.

“Everything about this opportunity is amazing,” Saunders said. “I get to work alongside incredible and incredibly talented people and idols. It’s going to be a live performance on NBC, I was chosen to be a principal in this amazing production, and the opportunities that this will create are only the beginning! All of that while doing what I love? There’s absolutely nothing better.”

While at the university, Saunders played major roles in “Metamorphoses” (Myrrha) and  “Floyd Collins” (Nellie Collins). This summer she also performed in “Gypsy” (June) and “A Chorus Line” (Diana Morales) with the Connecticut Repertory Theatre.

Read more from the College of Arts and Sciences News.

A University of Miami political scientist weighs in on whether election polls can be trusted given what occurred in 2016 and again last year. ...

A professor in the School of Communication, and an expert on the history of television sitcoms, writes about the 50th anniversary of “All in the Family.” ...

The former executive vice president and provost served from 1986 to 2005, elevating the University’s stature as a leading research institution. ...

The Hemispheric University Consortium is connecting universities and students for critical conversations focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing problems, such as climate change. ...

Experts say creativity and kindness can help make the most of this challenging holiday season. ...