Edge, Theater

2014 alumna to take the stage in ‘Peter Pan Live!’

Photo Courtesy miami.edu

Photo Courtesy miami.edu

Canes have an extra reason to tune in to Peter Pan Live!, airing 8 p.m. on NBC on Dec. 4. Alanna Saunders, a 2014 graduate of the UM College of Arts & Sciences Department of Theatre Arts, will be playing the role of Tiger Lily – Peter Pan’s loyal friend and the daughter of Neverland’s Native Chief.

“Everything about this opportunity is amazing,” Saunders said. “I get to work alongside incredible and incredibly talented people and idols. It’s going to be a live performance on NBC, I was chosen to be a principal in this amazing production, and the opportunities that this will create are only the beginning! All of that while doing what I love? There’s absolutely nothing better.”

While at the university, Saunders played major roles in “Metamorphoses” (Myrrha) and  “Floyd Collins” (Nellie Collins). This summer she also performed in “Gypsy” (June) and “A Chorus Line” (Diana Morales) with the Connecticut Repertory Theatre.

Read more from the College of Arts and Sciences News.

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...