Campus Life, News, Profiles

Author, UM alumna Ann Levine to demystify law school admission process

Ann Levine // Photo via LinkedIn

Ann Levine // Photo via LinkedIn

Author, law school admissions expert and University of Miami alumna Ann Levine will return to campus Wednesday.

Levine, who founded Law School Expert, a law school admissions consulting business in 2004, will help demystify the law school admissions process at the Toppel Career Center.

Levine will offer her best tips for navigating the different components needed to apply for law school – writing the personal statement, planning an LSAT study schedule and negotiating scholarships.

“I will tailor it as a discussion,” she said.

Levine has served as the director of admissions at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and at California Western School of Law in San Diego. Her two books, “The Law School Admissions Game: Play like an Expert” and “The Law School Decision Game: A Playbook for Prospective Lawyers,” are rated almost five stars on Amazon.com.

Levine is excited to return to her alma mater. She earned her bachelor’s degree in communication in 1996 and J.D. from the UM School of Law in 1999.

An active student leader, Levine was inducted into the Iron Arrow Honor Society, the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, the Omicron Delta Kappa honor society, and the Society of Bar and Gavel, which recognizes achievement in law school.

Despite these accolades, Levine’s fondest memory comes from her student orientation in the midst of Hurricane Andrew that hit South Florida in 1992.

“That was definitely formative because we [the freshmen class] bonded and dealt with adversity,” she said.

Levine’s presentation begins at 5 p.m. and there will be a question and answer session. For more information on her consulting services, visit lawschoolexpert.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...