Campus Life, News, Profiles

Author, UM alumna Ann Levine to demystify law school admission process

Ann Levine // Photo via LinkedIn

Ann Levine // Photo via LinkedIn

Author, law school admissions expert and University of Miami alumna Ann Levine will return to campus Wednesday.

Levine, who founded Law School Expert, a law school admissions consulting business in 2004, will help demystify the law school admissions process at the Toppel Career Center.

Levine will offer her best tips for navigating the different components needed to apply for law school – writing the personal statement, planning an LSAT study schedule and negotiating scholarships.

“I will tailor it as a discussion,” she said.

Levine has served as the director of admissions at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and at California Western School of Law in San Diego. Her two books, “The Law School Admissions Game: Play like an Expert” and “The Law School Decision Game: A Playbook for Prospective Lawyers,” are rated almost five stars on Amazon.com.

Levine is excited to return to her alma mater. She earned her bachelor’s degree in communication in 1996 and J.D. from the UM School of Law in 1999.

An active student leader, Levine was inducted into the Iron Arrow Honor Society, the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, the Omicron Delta Kappa honor society, and the Society of Bar and Gavel, which recognizes achievement in law school.

Despite these accolades, Levine’s fondest memory comes from her student orientation in the midst of Hurricane Andrew that hit South Florida in 1992.

“That was definitely formative because we [the freshmen class]bonded and dealt with adversity,” she said.

Levine’s presentation begins at 5 p.m. and there will be a question and answer session. For more information on her consulting services, visit lawschoolexpert.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The 2019 Miami Hurricanes coaching staff is now in place and ready to rumble. Though the Hurricanes ...

The last time Tyree St. Louis played something other than tackle, by coincidence, was the last time ...

Manny Diaz might as well have been the head of the National Weather Service on Tuesday. At 7:27 p.m. ...

Even after landing Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, the Hurricanes aren’t done looking for quarterb ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

The singer, songwriter, actress, and entrepreneur will share insights and advice from her more than ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

The Miami women's basketball team earned its first victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium with a 58- ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...