Campus Life, News, Profiles

Author, UM alumna Ann Levine to demystify law school admission process

Ann Levine // Photo via LinkedIn

Ann Levine // Photo via LinkedIn

Author, law school admissions expert and University of Miami alumna Ann Levine will return to campus Wednesday.

Levine, who founded Law School Expert, a law school admissions consulting business in 2004, will help demystify the law school admissions process at the Toppel Career Center.

Levine will offer her best tips for navigating the different components needed to apply for law school – writing the personal statement, planning an LSAT study schedule and negotiating scholarships.

“I will tailor it as a discussion,” she said.

Levine has served as the director of admissions at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and at California Western School of Law in San Diego. Her two books, “The Law School Admissions Game: Play like an Expert” and “The Law School Decision Game: A Playbook for Prospective Lawyers,” are rated almost five stars on Amazon.com.

Levine is excited to return to her alma mater. She earned her bachelor’s degree in communication in 1996 and J.D. from the UM School of Law in 1999.

An active student leader, Levine was inducted into the Iron Arrow Honor Society, the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, the Omicron Delta Kappa honor society, and the Society of Bar and Gavel, which recognizes achievement in law school.

Despite these accolades, Levine’s fondest memory comes from her student orientation in the midst of Hurricane Andrew that hit South Florida in 1992.

“That was definitely formative because we [the freshmen class]bonded and dealt with adversity,” she said.

Levine’s presentation begins at 5 p.m. and there will be a question and answer session. For more information on her consulting services, visit lawschoolexpert.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...