Campus Life, News

Actress Laverne Cox creates transgender awareness

Laverne Cox, who stars in the Netflix original series “Orange is the New Black,” speaks about her experiences as transgender woman on Thursday night in the SAC Ballrooms. Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

Actress Laverne Cox of “Orange if the New Black” visited campus Thursday night.

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...