Sports Briefs 11/6

WVUM

President Donna E. Shalala and Blake James, director of athletics, will be guests for the debut show of CaneTalk Live from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 6 at the Rathskeller.

WVUM Sports Director AJ Ricketts will be joined by the host, sophomore WVUM broadcaster Harry Kroll. The second show is scheduled from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20.

The show will be set up on the stage inside the Rathskeller, and students are welcome to attend the live radio broadcasts.

Men’s Tennis

Canes freshman, Piotr Lomacki, battled his way to a round of 16 spot of the ITF USA F30 Futures at Highland Park Tennis Center in Birmingham, Alabama on Tuesday. He was representing Poland, his native country, and defeated No. 714, Mikhail Fufygin from Russia 7-5, 6-2.

Lomacki is the No. 778 in the ATP singles ranking. He will either play No. 1244 Osama Zoghlami of Canada or unranked Sora Fukuda of Japan at 10 p.m. Thursday.

Football

Miami announced Wednesday that parking lots at Sun Life Stadium for the Florida State game on Saturday, Nov. 15 will open two hours earlier than usual.

The Green Lot will open at 1 p.m. while all other lots will open at 2 p.m. The Canes and the Seminoles will continue their rivalry with an 8 p.m. kickoff.

Orange lot parking can be purchased for $25 prior to game day.

Courtney Fiorini

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...