Sports Briefs 11/6

WVUM

President Donna E. Shalala and Blake James, director of athletics, will be guests for the debut show of CaneTalk Live from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 6 at the Rathskeller.

WVUM Sports Director AJ Ricketts will be joined by the host, sophomore WVUM broadcaster Harry Kroll. The second show is scheduled from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20.

The show will be set up on the stage inside the Rathskeller, and students are welcome to attend the live radio broadcasts.

Men’s Tennis

Canes freshman, Piotr Lomacki, battled his way to a round of 16 spot of the ITF USA F30 Futures at Highland Park Tennis Center in Birmingham, Alabama on Tuesday. He was representing Poland, his native country, and defeated No. 714, Mikhail Fufygin from Russia 7-5, 6-2.

Lomacki is the No. 778 in the ATP singles ranking. He will either play No. 1244 Osama Zoghlami of Canada or unranked Sora Fukuda of Japan at 10 p.m. Thursday.

Football

Miami announced Wednesday that parking lots at Sun Life Stadium for the Florida State game on Saturday, Nov. 15 will open two hours earlier than usual.

The Green Lot will open at 1 p.m. while all other lots will open at 2 p.m. The Canes and the Seminoles will continue their rivalry with an 8 p.m. kickoff.

Orange lot parking can be purchased for $25 prior to game day.

Courtney Fiorini

The season is evaporating before our eyes. And nothing made that more obvious than University of Mia ...

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...