News Briefs 11/5

Adeline Lange spins the wheel at the UHonor event at the Patio on Wednesday. UHonor was tabling to promote academic integrity across campus.

Lowe Art Museum Endowment

Beaux Arts, a partner of the University of Miami’s Lowe Art Museum for 63 years and the museum’s founding support group, donated $1.5 million to the museum. The endowment was given in order to create a Beaux Arts Director position and a Chief Curator position at the Lowe. The gift will also support programming, community outreaches, facility upgrades and other projects at the museum.

Nikon Competition Honorable Mention

A colored image of a pea aphid embryo taken by Hsiao-Ling Lu at the University of Miami Imaging Core facility received an honorable mention in the 2014 Nikon Small World: Photomicrography Competition. The competition recognizes the best photographs displaying the beauty and complexity of life.

School of Communication $50K Gift

University of Miami alumnus James Hoffman pledged $50,000 to the School of Communication. The gift will create the James Hoffman Family Endowed Speaker Series in the School of Communication and will fund an annual lecture on the First Amendment.

’22 Jump Street’ at Cosford

Follow two undercover cops as they make their way through high school once again in the film “22 Jump Street,” which will be screening at the Cosford at 9:30 p.m. Saturday. The movie, featuring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, is full of laughs, shadowing the two partners as they experience an array of challenges while on duty. Admission is free for all students with a Cane Card.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edabau@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...