News Briefs 11/5

Adeline Lange spins the wheel at the UHonor event at the Patio on Wednesday. UHonor was tabling to promote academic integrity across campus.

Lowe Art Museum Endowment

Beaux Arts, a partner of the University of Miami’s Lowe Art Museum for 63 years and the museum’s founding support group, donated $1.5 million to the museum. The endowment was given in order to create a Beaux Arts Director position and a Chief Curator position at the Lowe. The gift will also support programming, community outreaches, facility upgrades and other projects at the museum.

Nikon Competition Honorable Mention

A colored image of a pea aphid embryo taken by Hsiao-Ling Lu at the University of Miami Imaging Core facility received an honorable mention in the 2014 Nikon Small World: Photomicrography Competition. The competition recognizes the best photographs displaying the beauty and complexity of life.

School of Communication $50K Gift

University of Miami alumnus James Hoffman pledged $50,000 to the School of Communication. The gift will create the James Hoffman Family Endowed Speaker Series in the School of Communication and will fund an annual lecture on the First Amendment.

’22 Jump Street’ at Cosford

Follow two undercover cops as they make their way through high school once again in the film “22 Jump Street,” which will be screening at the Cosford at 9:30 p.m. Saturday. The movie, featuring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, is full of laughs, shadowing the two partners as they experience an array of challenges while on duty. Admission is free for all students with a Cane Card.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edabau@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...