News Briefs 11/5

Adeline Lange spins the wheel at the UHonor event at the Patio on Wednesday. UHonor was tabling to promote academic integrity across campus.

Lowe Art Museum Endowment

Beaux Arts, a partner of the University of Miami’s Lowe Art Museum for 63 years and the museum’s founding support group, donated $1.5 million to the museum. The endowment was given in order to create a Beaux Arts Director position and a Chief Curator position at the Lowe. The gift will also support programming, community outreaches, facility upgrades and other projects at the museum.

Nikon Competition Honorable Mention

A colored image of a pea aphid embryo taken by Hsiao-Ling Lu at the University of Miami Imaging Core facility received an honorable mention in the 2014 Nikon Small World: Photomicrography Competition. The competition recognizes the best photographs displaying the beauty and complexity of life.

School of Communication $50K Gift

University of Miami alumnus James Hoffman pledged $50,000 to the School of Communication. The gift will create the James Hoffman Family Endowed Speaker Series in the School of Communication and will fund an annual lecture on the First Amendment.

’22 Jump Street’ at Cosford

Follow two undercover cops as they make their way through high school once again in the film “22 Jump Street,” which will be screening at the Cosford at 9:30 p.m. Saturday. The movie, featuring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, is full of laughs, shadowing the two partners as they experience an array of challenges while on duty. Admission is free for all students with a Cane Card.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edabau@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

Frost School of Music’s faculty and staff members and students utilize their talents to help unify t

Rudy Fernandez, senior vice president for public affairs and communications at the University of Mia

Hope is an elusive concept, but it is a crucial feeling to hold on to at a time of crisis. During th

Members of the Muslim Students of the University of Miami celebrate the holy month while adhering to

A University of Miami faculty member offers tips on how to preserve healthy work-life practices as w