Featured, Homecoming 2014, News

Homecoming 2014 Weekend

Homecoming festivities wrapped up this weekend with events on Friday leading up to Saturday’s game. On Friday night, student organizations walked in the Homecoming Parade, with the theme “Spirit is Out There.” Also on Friday night, the annual Hurricane Howl was held. The event included the boat burning ceremony and fireworks, as well as food trucks and carnival games.

SEE ALSO: Game day gets ‘Kelly Tough’ with alumnus Jim Kelly

HOMECOMING WINNERS

Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 10.00.13 PM

Overall Winners

1st: Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos (FEC)

2nd: Association of Commuter Students (ACS)

3rd: United Black Students (UBS)

Parade Floats

1st:  ACS/College of Engineering

2nd: UBS and Zeta Tau Alpha

3rd: FEC/Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)/Veteran Students Organization (VSO)

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

The Miami Hurricanes returned to the football field Tuesday, their first spring at the Carol Soffer ...

So much for the suspense of Selection Monday. The University of Miami women’s basketball team didn’t ...

The University of Miami women’s basketball team didn’t have to wait until Monday night’s Selection S ...

Nearly three months have passed since we last saw the Miami Hurricanes perform on a football field, ...

Manny Diaz begins his first spring practice as UM’s head football coach on Tuesday, and nobody — not ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

Three School of Architecture students recount their first day in Switzerland, and some of the archit ...

In the aftermath of the powerful tornado that devastated a rural Alabama community, a UM storm exper ...

The Miami women's basketball team received a No. 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host th ...

The Canes return home for a week, beginning a five-game homestand with a midweek series against Colu ...

The University of Miami women's track and field program rank eighth in the preseason edition of ...

New Hurricanes wide receiver K.J. Osborn was swayed by what he saw on his television set in early Ja ...

Images from the No. 27 Miami women's tennis team's 5-2 triumph over No. 42 Notre Dame at t ...