Featured, Homecoming 2014, News

Homecoming 2014 Weekend

Homecoming festivities wrapped up this weekend with events on Friday leading up to Saturday’s game. On Friday night, student organizations walked in the Homecoming Parade, with the theme “Spirit is Out There.” Also on Friday night, the annual Hurricane Howl was held. The event included the boat burning ceremony and fireworks, as well as food trucks and carnival games.

SEE ALSO: Game day gets ‘Kelly Tough’ with alumnus Jim Kelly

HOMECOMING WINNERS

Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 10.00.13 PM

Overall Winners

1st: Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos (FEC)

2nd: Association of Commuter Students (ACS)

3rd: United Black Students (UBS)

Parade Floats

1st:  ACS/College of Engineering

2nd: UBS and Zeta Tau Alpha

3rd: FEC/Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)/Veteran Students Organization (VSO)

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...