Featured, Homecoming 2014, News, Video

FEC sings its way to the top of alma mater competition

NEWS_Alma Mater Finals

On Thursday morning, Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos won the Alma Mater Final competition. The Association of Commuter Students and United Black Students came in second and third place, respectively. FEC will perform the Alma Mater at the Homecoming football game against UNC Chapel-Hill on Saturday. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos won the Alma Mater competition Thursday morning. Check out the videos of the three finalists’ performances below.

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...