Homecoming 2014, News

C.O.I.S.O. wins spirit tree competition

The Spirit Tree Ceremony is an annual Homecoming tradition in which student organizations place their hand-crafted ornaments on a tree outside of the Ashe building.

NEWS_Spirit Tree

At the Spirit Tree Ceremony Thursday morning, student organizations placed their hand-crafted ornaments on the tree outside of the Ashe building. For the competition, each organization acted out a skit related to their ornament. C.O.I.S.O took first place for its skit and ornament designed as a globe. Veteran Students Organization and Hecht Residential College came in second and third place, respectively. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...