Homecoming 2014, News

C.O.I.S.O. wins spirit tree competition

The Spirit Tree Ceremony is an annual Homecoming tradition in which student organizations place their hand-crafted ornaments on a tree outside of the Ashe building.

NEWS_Spirit Tree

At the Spirit Tree Ceremony Thursday morning, student organizations placed their hand-crafted ornaments on the tree outside of the Ashe building. For the competition, each organization acted out a skit related to their ornament. C.O.I.S.O took first place for its skit and ornament designed as a globe. Veteran Students Organization and Hecht Residential College came in second and third place, respectively. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Who were UM’s standouts this spring, heading into Sa ...

As the Miami Hurricanes have spent the spring trying to find answers to question after question on o ...

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

The 2019-20 college basketball season is more than six months away, but the University of Miami Hurr ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The University of Miami celebrates Earth Day with a host of activities at or near the Lakeside Patio ...

The nation’s oldest and most-widely known academic honor society inducted 45 students from the Colle ...

For the second installment of its “What Matters to U” lecture series, Student Government invited act ...

There is at least one member of House Hurricane in the Seven Kingdoms: alumnus David Nutter, who sha ...

Following a 4-1 victory over No. 13-seed Virginia Tech Thursday in its ACC Championship opener, the ...

The fifth-seeded Miami women's tennis team started ACC Championship competition with a 4-1 vict ...

The Hurricanes will battle fourth-seed NC State in the quarterfinals Friday at 9 a.m. ...

The Canes made a late charge, but fell short at No. 8 Louisville 7-5 ...

Because of expected inclement weather, Thursday's game time has been moved up one hour to 5 p.m ...