Football, Sports

Three Canes earn ACC Player of the Week

After Miami’s 30-6 win at Virginia Tech, three Canes were honored with ACC Player of the Week on Monday.

Junior running back Duke Johnson was named Offensive Back of the Week after his career best 249-yard performance. Senior center Shane McDermott was named Offensive Lineman of the Week and sophomore linebacker Jermaine Grace was honored as Co-Linebacker of the Week.

Johnson totaled 249 yards on 24 carries and scored two touchdowns to help the Canes win. He has over 1,000-yards rushing this season for the first time in his career.

McDermott and the offensive line helped open up the Miami running game in Blacksburg. He has been the Canes’ starting center for the past three seasons.

Grace made four tackles, and three of them were solo. In Blacksburg, he snagged the first two fumble recoveries in his career and his second sack this season. Grace ranks fourth on the Canes with 36 tackles this season.

The Canes will take on North Carolina 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Sun Life Stadium for the Homecoming game.

For the full list of ACC Players of the Week in football, go to theACC.com 

Courtney Fiorini

Two Commencement ceremonies will take place at the Watsco Center on the Coral Gables campus on Thurs ...

The investiture of the School of Law Dean Anthony E. Varona as the M. Minnette Massey Chair took pla ...

The University of Miami Frost School of Music's annual holiday event raises funds for the Donna ...

University of Miami Miller School of Medicine students hung 3,000 posters in Wynwood last weekend to ...

Life on Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas is striving to get back to normal, but the scars of Hurric ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.