Football, Sports

Three Canes earn ACC Player of the Week

After Miami’s 30-6 win at Virginia Tech, three Canes were honored with ACC Player of the Week on Monday.

Junior running back Duke Johnson was named Offensive Back of the Week after his career best 249-yard performance. Senior center Shane McDermott was named Offensive Lineman of the Week and sophomore linebacker Jermaine Grace was honored as Co-Linebacker of the Week.

Johnson totaled 249 yards on 24 carries and scored two touchdowns to help the Canes win. He has over 1,000-yards rushing this season for the first time in his career.

McDermott and the offensive line helped open up the Miami running game in Blacksburg. He has been the Canes’ starting center for the past three seasons.

Grace made four tackles, and three of them were solo. In Blacksburg, he snagged the first two fumble recoveries in his career and his second sack this season. Grace ranks fourth on the Canes with 36 tackles this season.

The Canes will take on North Carolina 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Sun Life Stadium for the Homecoming game.

For the full list of ACC Players of the Week in football, go to theACC.com 

Courtney Fiorini

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...