Football, Sports

Three Canes earn ACC Player of the Week

After Miami’s 30-6 win at Virginia Tech, three Canes were honored with ACC Player of the Week on Monday.

Junior running back Duke Johnson was named Offensive Back of the Week after his career best 249-yard performance. Senior center Shane McDermott was named Offensive Lineman of the Week and sophomore linebacker Jermaine Grace was honored as Co-Linebacker of the Week.

Johnson totaled 249 yards on 24 carries and scored two touchdowns to help the Canes win. He has over 1,000-yards rushing this season for the first time in his career.

McDermott and the offensive line helped open up the Miami running game in Blacksburg. He has been the Canes’ starting center for the past three seasons.

Grace made four tackles, and three of them were solo. In Blacksburg, he snagged the first two fumble recoveries in his career and his second sack this season. Grace ranks fourth on the Canes with 36 tackles this season.

The Canes will take on North Carolina 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Sun Life Stadium for the Homecoming game.

For the full list of ACC Players of the Week in football, go to theACC.com 

Courtney Fiorini

University of Miami students share their thoughts and impressions as President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris take the helm. ...

Following Wednesday’s historic event, University of Miami experts in various fields provide their insight on the biggest challenges facing the new administration. ...

As part of the “Roadmap to Our New Century” initiative, the University of Miami advances the art of teaching and the science of learning by partnering with students, alumni, and others to offer options throughout the entire adult learning life cycle. ...

University of Miami experts weigh the merit and consequences of amending or repealing the communications law that provides a legal shield for service providers from the words, images, and videos posted by their users. ...

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...