Community, Edge, Featured

Best off-campus spots for pampering

The University of Miami’s campus does not only offer a beautiful outdoorsy ambiance, but it also provides students with a great variety of amenities. However, a beauty salon is not one of them. In a city obsessed with looks, students often struggle to find shops around campus to cut their hair or prepare for a nice event. Fortunately, UM is a relatively short walking distance from several beauty salons, nail places, barbershops and tanning salons.

European Wax Center

EUROPEANWAXCENTEREuropean Wax Center offers all types of waxing services from bikini Brazilian to a simple eyebrow waxing. They offer waxing for males and females and have an upper-lip waxing for $12 and a bikini waxing, the most expensive service, for $47. EWC operates on appointment basis, which prevents customers from waiting too long for their service.

European Wax Center is located at 1212 S Dixie Hwy, Coral Gables, FL 33146. It is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.

Beyond Nail 

BEYOND NAILOne of the most visited salons in the area is Beyond Nail, located in the Red Road Commons. This salon is not only extremely close to the university’s campus, but is also part of a residential complex that is mainly inhabited by UM students. Beyond Nail is not only a nail salon, it also offers waxing, makeup, eyelash extensions, threading and nail enhancement. A manicure and pedicure together cost $30. Upper-lip waxing costs $6, and bikini waxing costs $25.

Beyond Nail is located at 6600 SW 57th Ave, South Miami, FL 33143. It is open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday. 

Rainbow Nails

RAINBOWNAILSRainbow Nails is located right by Sunset Place, making it a perfect pit stop after running some errands. The prices are a little more expensive, but the service is efficient and quick. Manicures cost $14, pedicures cost $23 and both services together cost $35. Rainbow Nails also offers Shellac manicures, UV gel manicures and acrylic manicures.

Rainbow Nails is located at  5849 Sunset Dr., 33143. It is open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday throug Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. 

Razzledazzle Barbershop

RAZZLEDAZZLEOne of the most frequented barbershops around campus is Razzledazzle Barbershop. Located on Miracle Mile, it is a convenient spot just a few minutes away from campus. The basic haircut costs $25, and a beard shaping costs around $10 to $20.

Razzledazzle Barbershop is located at 224 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, 33134. It is open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.

Boca Tanning Club

If you have not had time to go to the beach, but still want to rock a fabulous tan, Boca Tanning Club is the favorite among students on campus. It offers a variety of tanning options, ranging from tanning bed to spray tan or tanning booth. A bed-tanning session costs $25, and a spray tanning session costs $30.

Boca Tanning Club is located at 5600 Sunset Dr., Miami, FL 33143. It is open 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. Monday through Sunday.  

Featured photo courtesy of Flickr user kodomut.

Alejandra Meneses

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...