Edge, UBuzz

This is Halloween: 13 tips to celebrate the spooktacular holiday

If you’re looking for a spooktacular way to get into the Halloween spirit, then read on for 13 delightfully ghoulish tips.

Courtesy sazrlion.tumblr.com

1. Channel your inner witch or wizard with classic movies like “Halloweentown” and “Hocus Pocus.”

Courtesy inlove-wt-death.tumblr.com

2. Whip up enchanting treats.

Courtesy thepumpkinqueenn.tumblr.com

Courtesy leavebonesexposed.tumblr.com

3. Convene with some chilling spirits.

Courtesy cocktailspassion.tumblr.com

4. Decorate your dorm to rival any haunted mansion.

Courtesy gifreakingjane.tumblr.com

5. Shrieks and cackles shouldn’t be Halloween’s only soundtrack. Make a rocking playlist that can wake the [un]dead.

Courtesy popsugar.com

6. Gather some Pinspiration to make a costume!

Courtesy frozensecond.tumblr.com

7. Then end up buying one because Pinterest expectations ≠ reality

Courtesy imglols.com

8. Bust out the horror flicks.

9. Map out your day-of route.

Courtesy shallowsprings.tumblr.com

10. Live through your own horror film at places like House of Horror Park, the HistoryMiami Cemetery Tour and Halloween Horror Nights. (Go behind the scenes of HHN Houses here.)

Courtesy faceoffdaily.tumblr.com

11. Carve a pumpkin. WARNING: This pumpkin may be too scary for the average reader.

Photo courtesy jakerzzzz.tumblr.com

12. Watch “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare before Christmas.” (Is it a Halloween movie? Is it a Christmas movie? Answer: Who cares? It’s great enough to be both.)

Courtesy francia2510.tumblr.com

13. EAT CANDY CORN.

Courtesy continuants.tumblr.com

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ You know when you will know the Hurricanes are really bac ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

The Miami track and field program is set to compete at the Tom Jones Memorial meet this weekend for ...

The No. 24 Hurricanes welcome ACC Coastal division foe Virginia Tech for a three-game series beginni ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...