Sports Briefs 10/23

VOLLEYBALL

After becoming the eighth player in school history to record 1,000 kills at the Georgia Tech game Sunday, senior outside hitter Savanah Leaf earned her second straight ACC Player of the Week. Leaf currently leads the ACC with 4.67 kills per set, which also brings her to the second highest total in the conference, 313. During her two weeks as reigning ACC POTW champ, the Hurricanes have boasted an undefeated 4-0 record – all in ACC play. Miami will travel to North Carolina this Friday to take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

BASEBALL

Canes baseball coach Jim Morris revealed the 2015 schedule Tuesday. The reigning ACC Regular Season Champions will take on a 55-game schedule with 35 home games in Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

The Canes finished the 2014 season with a 44-19 overall record.

Along with the 30 ACC games, Miami will play non-conference in-state rivals Florida, FAU, FGCU,  UCF and others. Miami opens conference play with a trip to Louisville, an ACC newcomer.

Danny New

Tufaan, the University of Miami’s South Asian a cappella group, needs the community’s help to advanc

Dr. Brandon Chatani, a Miller School of Medicine infectious disease specialist, offers advice on way

With the federal Endangered Species Act in danger, University of Miami researchers find that state p

An online exhibit spotlights the talents of two University of Miami incoming Master of Fine Arts gra

Casey Klofstad, political science professor, explains why and how voters should pay attention to pol