Sports Briefs 10/23

VOLLEYBALL

After becoming the eighth player in school history to record 1,000 kills at the Georgia Tech game Sunday, senior outside hitter Savanah Leaf earned her second straight ACC Player of the Week. Leaf currently leads the ACC with 4.67 kills per set, which also brings her to the second highest total in the conference, 313. During her two weeks as reigning ACC POTW champ, the Hurricanes have boasted an undefeated 4-0 record – all in ACC play. Miami will travel to North Carolina this Friday to take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

BASEBALL

Canes baseball coach Jim Morris revealed the 2015 schedule Tuesday. The reigning ACC Regular Season Champions will take on a 55-game schedule with 35 home games in Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

The Canes finished the 2014 season with a 44-19 overall record.

Along with the 30 ACC games, Miami will play non-conference in-state rivals Florida, FAU, FGCU,  UCF and others. Miami opens conference play with a trip to Louisville, an ACC newcomer.

Danny New

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...