Sports Briefs 10/23

VOLLEYBALL

After becoming the eighth player in school history to record 1,000 kills at the Georgia Tech game Sunday, senior outside hitter Savanah Leaf earned her second straight ACC Player of the Week. Leaf currently leads the ACC with 4.67 kills per set, which also brings her to the second highest total in the conference, 313. During her two weeks as reigning ACC POTW champ, the Hurricanes have boasted an undefeated 4-0 record – all in ACC play. Miami will travel to North Carolina this Friday to take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

BASEBALL

Canes baseball coach Jim Morris revealed the 2015 schedule Tuesday. The reigning ACC Regular Season Champions will take on a 55-game schedule with 35 home games in Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

The Canes finished the 2014 season with a 44-19 overall record.

Along with the 30 ACC games, Miami will play non-conference in-state rivals Florida, FAU, FGCU,  UCF and others. Miami opens conference play with a trip to Louisville, an ACC newcomer.

Danny New

UM’s recruiting class — comprised so far of 14 non-binding commitments — has dropped to 40th overall ...

University of Miami basketball player Dewan Hernandez, who has missed the first nine games of the se ...

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...