Sports Briefs 10/23

VOLLEYBALL

After becoming the eighth player in school history to record 1,000 kills at the Georgia Tech game Sunday, senior outside hitter Savanah Leaf earned her second straight ACC Player of the Week. Leaf currently leads the ACC with 4.67 kills per set, which also brings her to the second highest total in the conference, 313. During her two weeks as reigning ACC POTW champ, the Hurricanes have boasted an undefeated 4-0 record – all in ACC play. Miami will travel to North Carolina this Friday to take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

BASEBALL

Canes baseball coach Jim Morris revealed the 2015 schedule Tuesday. The reigning ACC Regular Season Champions will take on a 55-game schedule with 35 home games in Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

The Canes finished the 2014 season with a 44-19 overall record.

Along with the 30 ACC games, Miami will play non-conference in-state rivals Florida, FAU, FGCU,  UCF and others. Miami opens conference play with a trip to Louisville, an ACC newcomer.

Danny New

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...