Community, Edge, Music

Coral Skies feeds festival fix

Music festival fans who are still thinking back longingly to the days of Coachella and Lollapalooza may want to consider checking out Coral Skies Music Festival this weekend.

The all-day festival features a 12-act lineup, art, food trucks and craft beer. It is being held in Tampa and West Palm Beach on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Though it might not get as wild as it does out in the California desert, Coral Skies is the perfect event for festival lovers to get their fill as they wait for Ultra to roll around again.

The event includes artists such as Cage the Elephant, City in Color, Bombay Bicycle Club and the festival’s newest addition: Manchester Orchestra. There are two stages at each location, ensuring constant entertainment.

Between acts, festival-goers are invited to peruse the art, which ranges from decor to tie dye to jewelry and accessories.

There is no shortage of food (or beer) options at the festival, either. In Tampa, food trucks include options such as barbecue, pizza and tacos. West Palm Beach offers gelato bars and frozen yogurt, as well as Middle Eastern food, Mexican fusion and several other types of cuisine. Even the University of Miami’s food truck favorite, Ms. Cheezious, will make an appearance.

Those who are of age can also enjoy a craft beer as they appreciate the art and enjoy the various musical performances.

Coral Skies has two locations: the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre in Tampa on Saturday and the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on Sunday. The acts begin at noon on both days and run until 11 p.m., finishing the night with Cage the Elephant.

General admission tickets are $30. For more information, visit http://www.coralskiesfest.com.

Marlee Lisker

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...