Community, Edge, Music

Coral Skies feeds festival fix

Music festival fans who are still thinking back longingly to the days of Coachella and Lollapalooza may want to consider checking out Coral Skies Music Festival this weekend.

The all-day festival features a 12-act lineup, art, food trucks and craft beer. It is being held in Tampa and West Palm Beach on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Though it might not get as wild as it does out in the California desert, Coral Skies is the perfect event for festival lovers to get their fill as they wait for Ultra to roll around again.

The event includes artists such as Cage the Elephant, City in Color, Bombay Bicycle Club and the festival’s newest addition: Manchester Orchestra. There are two stages at each location, ensuring constant entertainment.

Between acts, festival-goers are invited to peruse the art, which ranges from decor to tie dye to jewelry and accessories.

There is no shortage of food (or beer) options at the festival, either. In Tampa, food trucks include options such as barbecue, pizza and tacos. West Palm Beach offers gelato bars and frozen yogurt, as well as Middle Eastern food, Mexican fusion and several other types of cuisine. Even the University of Miami’s food truck favorite, Ms. Cheezious, will make an appearance.

Those who are of age can also enjoy a craft beer as they appreciate the art and enjoy the various musical performances.

Coral Skies has two locations: the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre in Tampa on Saturday and the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on Sunday. The acts begin at noon on both days and run until 11 p.m., finishing the night with Cage the Elephant.

General admission tickets are $30. For more information, visit http://www.coralskiesfest.com.

Marlee Lisker

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...