Community, Edge, Music

Coral Skies feeds festival fix

Music festival fans who are still thinking back longingly to the days of Coachella and Lollapalooza may want to consider checking out Coral Skies Music Festival this weekend.

The all-day festival features a 12-act lineup, art, food trucks and craft beer. It is being held in Tampa and West Palm Beach on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Though it might not get as wild as it does out in the California desert, Coral Skies is the perfect event for festival lovers to get their fill as they wait for Ultra to roll around again.

The event includes artists such as Cage the Elephant, City in Color, Bombay Bicycle Club and the festival’s newest addition: Manchester Orchestra. There are two stages at each location, ensuring constant entertainment.

Between acts, festival-goers are invited to peruse the art, which ranges from decor to tie dye to jewelry and accessories.

There is no shortage of food (or beer) options at the festival, either. In Tampa, food trucks include options such as barbecue, pizza and tacos. West Palm Beach offers gelato bars and frozen yogurt, as well as Middle Eastern food, Mexican fusion and several other types of cuisine. Even the University of Miami’s food truck favorite, Ms. Cheezious, will make an appearance.

Those who are of age can also enjoy a craft beer as they appreciate the art and enjoy the various musical performances.

Coral Skies has two locations: the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre in Tampa on Saturday and the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on Sunday. The acts begin at noon on both days and run until 11 p.m., finishing the night with Cage the Elephant.

General admission tickets are $30. For more information, visit http://www.coralskiesfest.com.

Marlee Lisker

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Jeff Thomas will be joining the Illinois Fighting Illini after all. After a few days of discussion a ...

Grantees aim to eliminate opportunity gaps and biases in different realms and improve brain injury t ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

For more than 77 years, UM Hillel has provided a vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” that is f ...

University of Miami experts weigh in on the largest increase in carbon emissions in eight years. ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...