Sports, UBuzz

SportsLink: Miami Hurricanes around the Internet

Sports Editor Courtney Fiorini scoured the web to gather the best of what people are writing about Hurricanes sports online.

To no one’s surprise, this resulted in football, football and more football – with a small side of women’s basketball.

Here’s a look at the top 10 story links from last week.

1. Miami gives Women’s Basketball coach Katie Meier a contract to lead the team through 2021. Meier then turned around and donated $75,000 to support women’s sports at the university.

Associated Press on ESPN.com (Oct. 13)

2. “All those nights he had nothing, Jon Feliciano thought about football. He thought about the University of Miami, the only place he ever wanted to go to college. Somehow, he thought, I have to get there. Football will get me there.”

Andrea Adelson on ESPN.com (Oct. 13)

3. Bleacher Report takes a look at what adjustments Canes football needs to make before Thursday’s away game against Virginia Tech.

David Kenyon on Bleacher Report (Oct. 13)

4. Former Cane who was part of the 2001 National Championship speaks out about the state of the football program.

Michael Bradley on CaneInsider (Oct. 13)

5. Al Golden talks about the successful performance of sophomore cornerback Artie Burns against the Cincinnati Bearcats.

Susan Miller Degnan in The Miami Herald (Oct. 14)

6. “Johnson’s one of the hottest running backs in all of college football. This is most likely his last season as a Hurricane.”

Mike Bakas on CanesTime (Oct. 14)

7. “If University of Miami football penalties were parking tickets, the city of Coral Gables would be bringing in the bucks.”

8. “Among the most underrated stories this season in all of College Football, is the amazing efficiency with which Miami Hurricanes Senior WR Phillip Dorsett is producing HUGE plays in the UM passing game.”

Jerry Steinberg on State of the U (Oct. 15)

9. Even after the convincing win against Cincinnati, Canes coach Al Golden is still taking the heat.

Andrea Adelson on ESPN.com (Oct. 15) 

10. Canes freshman quarterback Brad Kaaya is putting up impressive numbers.

Christina De Nicola on FoxSports (Oct. 16)

Courtney Fiorini

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...