Sports Briefs 10/16

Women’s Basketball

Head Coach Katie Meier’s contract has been extended through the 2021 season, but she will be giving some of that money right back.

The Duke alumna announced immediately after that she will donate $75,000 to the University of Miami’s woman’s athletics.

This is an effort to challenge South Florida and demonstrate support for female sports and the Hurricanes. So far, the school has already netted $500,000 in donations – including the single biggest gift in UM’s women’s sports history.

Coach Meier will continue her regime Nov. 14 at the Bank United Center against Oakland.

Volleyball

The Volleyball squad will play its annual “Dig Pink” match Friday at the Knight Sports Complex against Virginia Tech – almost a week after the football fans did the same.

This annual event raises awareness and shows support for curing breast cancer. T-shirts with the “Dig Pink” logo can be purchased at the game for $10. All proceeds go to the UM Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.

Danny New may be emailed at dnew@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...