V's Take

Dear V: Do the dorky…

This fall break leaves us some free time – and mainly some free time to get ready for the sluttiest, skankiest and sometimes creepiest holiday: Halloween.

As “Mean Girls” so accurately delineates, Halloween is a time for exploring exactly how far our skimpy outfits can go. At this rate, girls might as well just say they’re dressing up as Tarzan.

But ladies, I am here to tell you that there is a new way to attract men: “Dorky Wins.”

Think about it, if you dress like Lena Dunham on “Girls,” you will only attract men who want to …

1. Get in your pants and then never call you

2. Get in your pants and then call you the next day at 3 a.m.

3. Piss off their ex-girlfriends

4. Piss off their ex-boyfriends

5. All of the above

And since I doubt your self-esteem is that low, take V’s patented dorky option.

Think about it; dorks are taking over America. “The Big Bang Theory” is one of the most popular television shows. Chris Pratt in “Guardians of the Galaxy” was summer’s biggest winner. Engineering majors are more appealing than football players.

So don’t you want to attract an intelligent, high-income-potential man who will bake you scones instead of bring you Keystone?

Time. To. Get. Dorky.

FIRST STEP: Watch at least five minutes of the following programs: “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,” “The League,” “Breaking Bad,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” and “Mean Girls” (for some reason, all men like this movie).

SECOND STEP: Don’t be Olaf from the Disney hit “Frozen.”

THIRD STEP: Copy the costume of one of the characters from the first step.

FOURTH STEP: No, really, don’t be Olaf. Don’t even bother writing about the struggles in your diary.

FIFTH STEP: Google the best lines from the show and learn them.

SIXTH STEP: Just wear big glasses. For some reason, it works.

FINAL STEP: Don’t do any of these things. You’re wasting valuable Netflix time.

If there’s one reason being a slutty nurse on Halloween won’t attract the right demographic, it’s because that’s not who you are.

You are not a slut. If you go to UM, then you are better than that.

The best way to attract the right man is to …

… cue Madonna …

… express yourself.

You do you, boo boo. That’s all I can say. Your friends will support you because you stuck to your beliefs, and so will men. In fact, you might even attract a man who likes the same crazy stuff that you do.

All in all, just dress up as something you find funny or interesting – a pun personified, Daffy Duck, obscure ‘90s cartoon characters, etc. – and wear it well.

Halloween is the best time to wear who you are on your sleeve so that everyone knows.

Advice Columnist

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...