Football, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 10/12

Women’s Tennis

The Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis team played at the Bedford Cup hosted by the University of North Florida this past weekend.

Freshman Sinead Lohan was the star of the tournament, winning the Flight 1 singles bracket. For the victory, she beat UF’s Peggy Porter 6-2, 6-4 on Sunday. Lohan, a native of Ireland, started the bracket with a bang as she defeated the Seminoles’ senior leader Daneika Borthwick 6-3, 6-1 on Friday.

Lohan also made it to the doubles finals with fellow freshman Wendy Zhang. They faced the Gators’ Belinda Woolcock and Stefani Stojik in the final for Flight 1. The journey there had them beating FSU, UNF and FIU.

Football

While fans tailgated before Miami dominated Cincinnati for Family weekend, a banner flew above Sun Life Stadium.  A small plane dragged along a sign that read “Fire Al Golden, Save the U #WestEndZone.”

This is from the same group that started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for a “Fire Al Golden” banner for the upcoming FSU game.

Students in the front row of the student section still showed up to the game dressed as Golden, headset and all, in support of the coach.

Courtney Fiorini

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...