Football, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 10/12

Women’s Tennis

The Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis team played at the Bedford Cup hosted by the University of North Florida this past weekend.

Freshman Sinead Lohan was the star of the tournament, winning the Flight 1 singles bracket. For the victory, she beat UF’s Peggy Porter 6-2, 6-4 on Sunday. Lohan, a native of Ireland, started the bracket with a bang as she defeated the Seminoles’ senior leader Daneika Borthwick 6-3, 6-1 on Friday.

Lohan also made it to the doubles finals with fellow freshman Wendy Zhang. They faced the Gators’ Belinda Woolcock and Stefani Stojik in the final for Flight 1. The journey there had them beating FSU, UNF and FIU.

Football

While fans tailgated before Miami dominated Cincinnati for Family weekend, a banner flew above Sun Life Stadium.  A small plane dragged along a sign that read “Fire Al Golden, Save the U #WestEndZone.”

This is from the same group that started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for a “Fire Al Golden” banner for the upcoming FSU game.

Students in the front row of the student section still showed up to the game dressed as Golden, headset and all, in support of the coach.

Courtney Fiorini

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...