Best of UMiami 2014, Culture, Featured

Best of UMiami 2014

The steps by Lake Osceola are the best on-campus hangout. Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

Miami is known for its vibrancy: the colorful people, picturesque destinations and dazzling nightlife. If you’re looking for the best bars, festivals or beaches to enjoy, then look no further than Best of UMiami – The Miami Hurricane’s guide to discovering new campus hangouts and the city that lies beyond UM’s perimeter.

As friends and family come into town for Family Weekend, and with Fall Break right around the corner, students will have plenty of opportunities to explore the city. The Miami Hurricane staff selected the top destinations in Miami. So chart your personal tour using Best of UMiami as your guide.

Check out our special Best of UMiami 2014 website here.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas